VR and New Modules

R1Lawsy

Hey,

Just wondering now that new modules are being tested in VR such as the Harrier, anyone know if they will be modified to suit VR better.

i am thinking increased font sizes in the HUD and gauges etc so they are readable.

Maybe optimized textures?

Just wondering if this will or is part of the process now.

Cheerrs

James

Yeh thanks, i have it on 1.5 and it's readable. Just coming off the back of Elite Dangerous its still blurry in comparison.

It was more about VR not having to be a design consideration previously and what needs to be considered for it now.

Cockpit instrumentation and HUDs never been an issue for me. The only real VR design 'aspect' I suppose you could call it would be for improvements to the DCS World environment to improve VR users exp and in many cases would also benefit 2d users too. The one main that screams out is adding dithering.... as Elite Dangerous did to improve VR users exp. That is THE biggie that ED could do to improve things as I see it currently. Also their light designs for ground and vehicles..needs serious work to make things look decent in VR. Not holding my breath but have said a prayer or two.

As others have said, new and better hardware is the real key for the most part. Greater FOV and higher res/clarity of view. But nothing I can really see from a 3rd party module developer standpoint. The planes are as they are. I do think each should add a pilot model for gods sake..why it is not done baffles me. It can't be that hard to do. I do think they add to the VR exp and that is in the devs control.

Edited by Torso