NS-430 issues so far

fjacobsen

An other thing, the terrain warning/danger zone doesn't updates on the NAV>Terrain page when I change my altitude and getting higher than the dangerous relief

This part is already reported and being worked on.

Edited by gospadin

Using Oculus, when i activate the floating Garmin window with LShift+LAlt+b, the simulator goes to slow, and only the tittle bar of the window is visible, not the Garmin itself.

For me, doing the same thing in DCS 2.1.x, I only see the white round cursor, and for some reason the mirror image in the Mi-8's mirrors change to a sideways view, as if my viewpoint has somehow changed. Either way, LShift+LAlt+B is not working in VR right now with no NS-430 overlay appearing.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

As I approach the end of a leg from my flight plan, the GPS should indicate something like "turn to xxx in nn seconds" before the end of the leg, thus anticipating the turn to the next leg and the flight plan switching to next journey leg. I tried it with the Garmin NS-400 series simulator from Garmin, I entered my flightplan exactly the same as I did in DCS, and this anticipation/auto switch works (that's what we should see (lower right corner):
). An other thing, the terrain warning/danger zone doesn't updates on the NAV>Terrain page when I change my altitude and getting higher than the dangerous relief

I'm a bit late but yes, it's now reported thank you.

Edited by ody81

The LSHIFT+LALT+B combo doesn't show he GPS unit in VR, only the move/resize bar.

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't actually have VR myself (such a luddite!).

What I'll do is collect everyone's VR woes from here and try to get them verified and dealt with.

I can get my Mi-8 buddies to verify it if you wish, I have several.

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't actually have VR myself (such a luddite!).

What I'll do is collect everyone's VR woes from here and try to get them verified and dealt with.

I confirm this.

In Oculus the Garmin floating windows dont work, only the title bar is show.

And the performance when the bar is opened is too bad.

Edited by Capt Zeen

How about we start posting new bug reports in their own individual threads? This one will get hard to follow soon...

I agree with this, but since the title of the thread is what it is, maybe the original poster could collect each issue in this thread into a bullet-list and mark th issues as "REPORTED" or "FIXED" as we move along. That, or have an official pinned bug-track post (locked so people don't post new issues there, but make separate ones per issue?) in a similar manner.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree with this, but since the title of the thread is what it is, maybe the original poster could collect each issue in this thread into a bullet-list and mark th issues as "REPORTED" or "FIXED" as we move along. That, or have an official pinned bug-track post (locked so people don't post new issues there, but make separate ones per issue?) in a similar manner.

Edit: ody81 and I are not capable of editing thread titles. That requires a forum moderator.

--gos

Edited by gospadin

• 3 weeks later...

Mi-8 doesn't have an actual HSI or CDI, so not sure it's possible.

Might not be a realistic implementation (don't know the actual real-world device) but the ADF/ARK needle can't be coupled to the direct track of the GPS? To have the actual line/track you would indeed need an HSI to see your drift; but if flying straight to the waypoint you only need a single needle like with ADF / ARK.

Love the GNS however; ... it's currently unusable for me on DCS 2.1.1; while I could follow the pink line on the map; I'm used to the deviation + bearing method; and sadly the values are way off... following the line ok you get to the destination; but without; you're flying off in wrong directions :(

Love the GNS however; ... it's currently unusable for me on DCS 2.1.1; while I could follow the pink line on the map; I'm used to the deviation + bearing method; and sadly the values are way off... following the line ok you get to the destination; but without; you're flying off in wrong directions :(

in NTTR? if so, that's a known issue

Great module, but I found these issues so far...

XTKE indicator (NAV page 1) not consistant - sometimes it´s to the right where it should be to the left and vice versa in order to guide You in the right direction. Same goes for the digital readout on the NAV page 2 (MAP page with data fields on and XTKE as one of the fields.

F.ex magenta line is to the left of my aircraft, where the XTKE indicator then should be displaced to the left, but is shown to the right etc..

All the same in 1.5.7.10175. Can anyone confirm it?

Edited by GUMAR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Реальные хотелки к ЛО3 по Су-25 в основном...

ASRock PG9, i-5 9600KF, MSI 2080Ti, 32GB 3466

• 1 month later...
Yea, this sucks, I wish they saved for future use.

Also I wish you could add WP (not part of a Flightplan) via Mission editor.

I filed someone else's suggestion for mapping bullseye. I don't think the ME allows any kind of arbitrary point definition though that isn't on a unit's route.

As to saving user points, I'll ask.