Oculus Rift library location...

fitness88

Oculus Rift library location is currently on my SSD along with Oculus Rift. I'd like to move my collection of VR apps to my hard drive to free up space on my boot SSD. Will moving the library to my hard drive cause any issues?

Thank you.

Yes, you will have to re-install Oculus I believe to do so. See the below link how to keep from having to reinstall your apps. I believe you will however lose any saved game progress you might have in Oculus games.

https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/1715420212071737/

Edit: I believe they also have it now where when you install the Oculus software, you can choose a different destination drive for your software. However this is a one shot deal done during the initial software install...

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yes, you will have to re-install Oculus I believe to do so. See the below link how to keep from having to reinstall your apps. I believe you will however lose any saved game progress you might have in Oculus games.

https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/1715420212071737/

Edit: I believe they also have it now where when you install the Oculus software, you can choose a different destination drive for your software. However this is a one shot deal done during the initial software install...

Thanks dburne, I want to keep the OR software on my SSD to benefit from SSD speed as I do DCS, but the downloaded apps are probably not so SSD speed dependant.

Thanks dburne, I want to keep the OR software on my SSD to benefit from SSD speed as I do DCS, but the downloaded apps are probably not so SSD speed dependant.

You do not need to reinstall use "vrBackupper" and move your library to any drive and keep saves.

Edited by freehand