Multiplayer virgin, needs to know...

VZ_342

...What I need to know:

Just about everything!

Do I contact tower for engine start, taxi, runway, etc?

How does "chat" work?

I have "Simple Radio"--and don't know how to use it.

I got on my first MP server tonight, passed IC, but then I disconnected (possibly because I took too much time reading the Briefing). I was able to get back in, started engines, taxied to the end of the taxiway when I heard Tower give instructions to an incoming A/C. Not wanting to violate any written/unwritten protocols, I disconnected...but this time my "shield" was RED--showing a failed IC.

Any help, tips, guidance etc is appreciated. US Pacific Time Zone if anyone is willing to fly with a relative n00b...:pilotfly:

Thanks!

ETA: My preferred a/c is the SU-25/25T.

Edited by VZ_342
Added a/c info

• 2 weeks later...

Hey bud. Sorry your post got missed. Don't worry about the ATC radio chat. Most multilayer servers just ignore that. You can feel free to adhere to it, but most won't. The best place to learn about a given server is to jump on their Teamspeak. Is there a server in question that you are wanting to play on?

Thanks for the reply!

I don't know any particular server (n00b and all that :book: ), I just check for unlocked, lowest ping, fewest users.

So it's ok (in theory) to just taxi on out, bang burners and take off?

What is Teamspeak and where is it?

Thanks for the reply!

I don't know any particular server (n00b and all that :book: ), I just check for unlocked, lowest ping, fewest users.

So it's ok (in theory) to just taxi on out, bang burners and take off?

What is Teamspeak and where is it?

The briefing should tell you if there are any rules. On most servers it is a safe assumption that you should land and takeoff on the left side of the runway. Just make sure its all clear before you do anything.

A couple good servers to start on are the acrobatics server and Open Conflict. Acrobatics is just what it sounds like and Open Conflict is a combat server that caters to both new and vet pilots.

This is Teamspeak. Its what most people will use for voice communication.

Once you decide to join a combat server, make sure first you know how to IFF or VID a target to make sure it's a hostile before you pull the trigger. That will go a long way in preventing you from getting banned then dealing with the subsequent hassle of asking the admins to lift the ban.

Welcome and have fun!

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

You are more than welcome to come and join the ravens, we are a friendly public group with many different skill levels from all over the USA and Europe

We have two servers, inc a training one and we are here to help

Check out the Facebook link in my sig ;)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2