[MOD] Garmin GNS-430 Higher Resolution textures

Mainstay

I made a higher resolution textured version of the module.

Changed :

- Plastic texture is different ( closer to the real thing )

- Higher resolution plastic

- Higher res and sharper Letters

- Name and type added

- Changed the display textures (added 16.09.2017)

V1.01 (16.09.2017)

Made the module color a bit darker so it matches the black MI8 Cockpit DEVRIM made better.

V1.02 (16.09.2017)

Changed the display textures to something of higher quality

*See screenshots for new display

*Side by side comparison of display old on left and display new on right

OZHu5Yb.jpg

CYaNTen.jpg

New display textures in these screenshots :

uX8BCL6.jpg

jS2Uyxc.jpg

Side by side comparison old textures and new one

vnMB9fv.jpg

Installation

Download and unrar the file

Drop the unrar file in JSGM and voila done ! :thumbup:

Downloadlink V1.02

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9bhkuHp2FPzcWRIQ2R6TWRYTWc

Edited by Mainstay
  • Like 2

g8PjVMw.png

dang, that looks sweet! Now I gotta consider this 430.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Ahah! Mainstay! You're damn fast, man! :D

This must be the first module made a mod for it that fast!

Great. Thanks! :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

That was fast as... Well. FAST! Thanks a lot and it's very useful as I had trouble with the encoders.

• Like 1

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

dang, that looks sweet! Now I gotta consider this 430.

Its a very nice module ! I have no regret and im pretty sure they will make it an option for the other modules aswell in time.

Ahah! Mainstay! You're damn fast, man! :D

This must be the first module made a mod for it that fast!

Great. Thanks! :)

Devrim my friend ! Thank you for you kind words. I had some spare hours in my busy life on a rainy day so i could make something i enjoy to do. :thumbup:

That was fast as... Well. FAST! Thanks a lot and it's very useful as I had trouble with the encoders.

Great to be of pleasure :smilewink:

Really cool!

:thumbup:

Just a note it breaks IC check for me.

Thats to bad :cry: i dont do multiplayer that much. But i can remember reading a long time ago ED was going to look into these sort of issues and try to make the IC Check less aggressive. I dont know if this is still an ongoing thing though.

g8PjVMw.png

Thats to bad :cry: i dont do multiplayer that much. But i can remember reading a long time ago ED was going to look into these sort of issues and try to make the IC Check less aggressive. I dont know if this is still an ongoing thing though.

Yeah they said that, but afaik it's actually gotten a little more aggressive. There are generally ways to make cockpit mods IC compatible, but I honestly don't know how. Maybe Devrim, Gospadin & co can drop a hint? :)

It would have to be implemented as a cockpit livery. Briefly looking at the structure, doesn't seem the skin setup exists today, so that .lua code would need to be created as well. No idea if the result would pass IC or not, since it would involve changes to the existing lua files.

If you directly replace NS430.zip file, IC won't allow it, with high probability.

Before struggling with LUA, Liveries and description.lua things, try that:

Create a "NS430" folder under "...\Mods\aircraft\NS430\Textures" and copy all the DDS files and TGA file (total: 9 files) in it and run DCS World.

It may be work now.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

If you directly replace NS430.zip file, IC won't allow it, with high probability.

Before struggling with LUA, Liveries and description.lua things, try that:

Create a "NS430" folder under "...\Mods\aircraft\NS430\Textures" and copy all the DDS files and TGA file (total: 9 files) in it and run DCS World.

It may be work now.

Tried it and it doesnt work :(

g8PjVMw.png

Its a very nice module ! I have no regret and im pretty sure they will make it an option for the other modules aswell in time.

I pulled the trigger. Will try her out today. ;):thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

And do you like what you see?

I do, it's pretty cool to have. Happy I went with it.

• 1 month later...

Holy s*, Mainstay, that's awesome work! Great textures and authenticity :)

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...