[REPORTED]SAM SA6 Engage only at short Range 1.5.7 (solo and MP)

Hello , place a group of Buk SA6 (STR and launchers ) set state RED and ROE FREE FIRE .

Place an AI plane or fly yourself in detection zone , SA6 track you fine , launcher seams active but once you're in range they don't shoot . you can fly very close without threat ... and after very long time (10-15 Minutes ) SA6 open Fire ...

Any one else have this problem ?

A friend have the same issue .

PS: I have try with SA11 , SA11 shoot when plane enter the Buk zone , like if the Lancher is without radar unit . But SAM open fire at "good" range . SA8 wrok fine .

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sites don't deploy instantly. It can take a few minutes for them to unlimber.

Looks like you're doing it right otherwise. The launchers and radar are all in the same group, relatively close to one another, and have a command vehicle?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

In the same Group i have 1 SA6 Kub STR and 4 SA6 Kub LN all launchers are in a 50 meters circle or close , there's no Command Buk for SA6 (There is one for SA11 ) .

Do y put one command unit ? (SKP 11 or Ural PBU ?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the problem comes with 1.5.7.9...

my old -well tested- mission uses triggers for SAM sites:

- at mission start GROUP AI OFF

- then manual GROUP AI ON

The SA6 site fired to me after 48 minutes of simulation (1radar+4launchers at 65m radius to SU-27)

The launchers turrets rotated to me and I got lock warnings on RWR when I'm detected.

SA11 and SA8 working normal in the same mission.

the group has 0 waypoints, placed in deployed state

ROE: default

ALARM state: default

(As I know the SA10 has long deployement time from moving state.)

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

• 4 weeks later...

lastest test with 1.5.7.10175.378

The two big track is created from the same mission. One SA6 group is not moving and in RED ALARM state from mission start. Two other SA6 group is in movig and deploy in final waypoint, in THEORY.

SA6 is rarely fire.

And SA6 randomly don't care about GREEN ALARM state.

Occasionaly the group not arrives to the final waypoint to run text script and activate to RED ALARM state.

In the small green?.trk files the task is for all group to move to the north road in GREEN ALARM state. Not STOP before! Not succeeded always.

sa6-8min_no_any_shot-allActive.trk

sa6-7m46s_first_shot-oneGroupInactive.trk

green2.trk

green3.trk

green4.trk

green5.trk

green_CA_modification_for_view.thumb.jpg.6229ad8b80519e6cba33121ea2ccc0e4.jpg

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

SAM's not working!

... Talking about the SA-6 and the SA-3 in multiplayer. I have them around the Red airfield's in all my missions to help reduce the number of spawnkilling and make it hard/harder to destroy AWACS. Well, they don't seem to work... They don't fire at all.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I've noticed that the mentioned SAM's haven't been working for weeks and didn't report that because I thought a vital thing like this will certainly be fixed shortly :music_whistling:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• ED Team

sorry for not looking at this sooner, been very busy myself.

I will spend some time checking now

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

SA-3 seems to be working for me, SA-6 also working but seems slower to engage and less frequent.

I will ask a team member about it, and try to pass the info on to you all.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

SA-3 seems to be working for me, SA-6 also working but seems slower to engage and less frequent.

I will ask a team member about it, and try to pass the info on to you all.

Granted, I have been using DCS 2.1, but in my test mission here, SA-6 never engages. Please note how the launcher tracks the target. It does not follow the target smoothly but intermittently with pauses. I assume each of these pauses resets the reaction delay timer, which is high on the old systems (I think about 40 seconds for the SA-6). Probably a side effect of the recent optimization efforts for the ground AI.

• ED Team

Thanks Mbot

In 2.1 public using your mission I can see that the SA-6 does not engage, the good news is in our internal build it does engage. I will speak to a team member in the morning and discuss this issue.

You know the older the SAM system is the larger the time to react also?

2 minutes reaction time for me is correct for a Sa3

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• ED Team

I have spoken to ED and this issue is known and should be fixed soon