Pilot Harness

capthaltli

As part of the landing checklist, the pilot is supposed to lock the Harness (important enough that it appears on the DDI checklist page for landing).

If the pilot fails to lock the harness, bad things happen after an arrested landing (e.g. your head is introduced to your knees for a few seconds :doh:)

Does anyone know how the real pilot locks the harness in the Hornet? Is it on the physical harness on their body, or next to the ejection seat?

Either way, I thought it would be a wish list item to include this feature (lock and unlock harness) in the Hornet cockpit if doable. That way you have to perform the checklist item to avoid any bad consequences (virtual eye point flies forward to your knees in the cockpit after a trap).

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

Does anyone know how the real pilot locks the harness in the Hornet? Is it on the physical harness on their body, or next to the ejection seat?

y8wSENk.png

And I think it would be a cool option to have. I say option because I'm not sure how it would play out in VR because of the non player controlled head movement. But I would be willing to give it a try for science lol

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Thanks for the explanation, guys!

If there ever was a possibility to get my hands on such a beautiful piece of engineering, I'd buy one, no matter the cost.

It would be awesome to have one of these in my living/gaming room.

Just for gettin' the "right feel".:D

(without explosive charges of course, because ejecting myself through the roof of my house wouldn't feel very right, I believe);)

Edited by JumpinK

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.