JESTER AI

grunf

JESTER is one of the last pieces to be done for the F-14. Make no mistake, it will be very rudimentary (in terms of the total amount of available routines and total effectiveness) in the beginning. The idea is to have a solid foundation upon which we can expand and make it a very realistic and great flying companion.

Building a good AI takes a lot of time, and we'd rather release the F-14 with a Jester that can handle basic functionality and make you modestly combat effective. However, don't expect it to be anywhere near its' final form at that stage.

We'll go into more detail on this as we begin to form a solid idea of exactly how EA will look feature-wise. Right now we're still developing.

2018 will be a year of product improvement at Heatblur, as we will be focusing almost exclusively on the Viggen and Tomcat until both are perfect and content rich. Jester will be a big part of that roadmap.

Hope that clarifies a little! Hopefully we can do a JESTER video in the next few months.

Thanks, these general information about development plans are very welcomed (at least by me)! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

@cobra coming the jesterai as update for the cat ?

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

@cobra coming the jesterai as update for the cat ?

He already answered that:

JESTER is one of the last pieces to be done for the F-14. Make no mistake, it will be very rudimentary (in terms of the total amount of available routines and total effectiveness) in the beginning. The idea is to have a solid foundation upon which we can expand and make it a very realistic and great flying companion.

Building a good AI takes a lot of time, and we'd rather release the F-14 with a Jester that can handle basic functionality and make you modestly combat effective. However, don't expect it to be anywhere near its' final form at that stage.

We'll go into more detail on this as we begin to form a solid idea of exactly how EA will look feature-wise. Right now we're still developing.

2018 will be a year of product improvement at Heatblur, as we will be focusing almost exclusively on the Viggen and Tomcat until both are perfect and content rich. Jester will be a big part of that roadmap.

Hope that clarifies a little! Hopefully we can do a JESTER video in the next few months.

Basic JESTER functionality at release, which will be enhanced later (by updates of course).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Welp, "soon", just flew out the window...:lol:

I thought the EA for the F14 would be in 2017. Barring death or injury, that was the kind of outlook from Heatblur at least. Still hope they release it in some form this year, but it looks like it will probably be Christmas at the earliest.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I thought the EA for the F14 would be in 2017. Barring death or injury, that was the kind of outlook from Heatblur at least. Still hope they release it in some form this year, but it looks like it will probably be Christmas at the earliest.

Great time for a release though. :)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Great time for a release though. :)

Anytime before January 1, 2018 will be a great time for release! I don't know if we can handle the release being pushed again into another year!

Cobra stated, "2018 will be a year of product improvement at Heatblur, as we will be focusing almost exclusively on the Viggen and Tomcat until both are perfect and content rich."

To have "product improvement in 2018," you need a product so hopefully it is still on track for a 2017 Alpha release.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

well, based on my flights on sa342 and l-39 with my front seat pal, I would say flying the bird with another real guy in the cockpit is something else, just imagine the atmosphere of cockpit during tight dogfights. oh man it's going to be awesome. chit chats and comms in between two real guys in cockpits, that's why I would fly tomcat instead of hornet in servers if my flying buddy is available for the front seat.

• 1 year later...

So as I understood, JESTER will do mistakes, to let him become more human.

Will his rate of mistakes and other skills improve over the time, I fly with him.

For example, by the end of the caucasus campaign, is it less likely, he is going to do a mistake and is he detecting targets better than on the first missions?

Or will his skills always stay the same?

Alias in Discord: Mailman