External Camera volume setting

Knock-Knock

I wish we had a separate volume setting for the external cameras.

When ever I jump to an external camera, F2, F3 etc, to see my plane, or others, it gets super loud - yes I know planes are loud, but Id like to maintain my hearing for some years to come still.

Only way to adjust that today, is to lower the 'World' volume, but that effects what you hear in cockpit too, so not really a viable option. So a 'External Camera' slider would be really welcome.

Or a tick box like 'Hear like in Helmet', which just lowers the master volume by half or what ever, when going in External.

Edit: I like to use 'Hear like in Helmet', so my master volume is cranked up higher, than it would be when not using Hear like in Helmet, and external camera volume is even louder then.

• Like 1

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

+1

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

+1

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

This also creates "jump scares" when you get killed. Many times I jumped up in my seat when my pilot got killed because it changed the view to an external one and everything became loud.

I would rather not die of an hearth attack while playing DCS so please add an option to reduce the sound volume when in external view. Thank you.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Yes! This is a must.

Too many times I want to change aircraft on a server, and while I change, the damn camera behind the menus jumps to an AWACS and by ears pop and I can't hear my squad mates on VOIP or anything else.

Plus, if I fly without headphones it alarms the entire house.

Regards,

MikeMikejuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

+1

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Don't we have the opposite? There is a cockpit sound slider, so you should be able to do this by turning down the global volume and then raising the volume of the cockpit (or lowering everything but cockpit).

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Don't we have the opposite? There is a cockpit sound slider, so you should be able to do this by turning down the global volume and then raising the volume of the cockpit (or lowering everything but cockpit).

I haven't tested so I ask: What does the cockpit sound -slider do exactly? My assumption is that it controls the volume of cockpit elements, such as switches, RWR sounds etc. Or does it control all volumes inside the cockpit?

If the latter is the case then I guess this is already solved?

DCS Finland | SF squadron

I did the test and....

no when you bring down master vollume and max cockpit sound its not working global like i was tinking, but was hoping it was a sollution...

So for me still +1 for the request of the slider

Because my rift headphone stopt playing nice when sound went to far suddenly ... i now play with desent headphones so i really do not want to happen the same with them :)

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

+1

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

+1

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.