How to have an aircraft on the ramp or runway visible but not moving?

Ghostrider142

As part of a larger mission I have some TU-95 bombers that are parked hot. I need them to hold until a player completes a task, if he's successful the enemy is not alerted and the bombers never takeoff and are destroyed by cruise missiles from an offshore cruiser. If he fails, they take off.

I have a one time trigger for 45 secs after flag 4, I select Group AI Off and I can only choose ships and vehicles, I select Group Stop and can't select any units, I try Unit AI Off and can only select ships and vehicles. I've tried this as 'uncontrolled' as well.

There is no Visible Before Start option for these aircraft if were to use late activation.

Surely there has to be a way to have planes at an airport ready to go, but not doing so until triggered? :book:

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

Hi Ghostrider. It won't work with hot starts, but this ought to do the trick:

Select "takeoff from ramp" for your bombers' first waypoint and set the desired parking spaces

Check the "uncontrolled" box

Click the "triggered actions" tab (in the same area where you select route/loadout/etc.)

Click "add"

Select "Perform Command" and "Start" from the drop down menus

Now, when you're ready for them to launch, create a trigger of the desired type with the desired conditions. In the triggered action column, choose AI TASK PUSH and select Bomber 1, start etc. etc. from the menu.

Edited by feefifofum
  • Like 1