[[REQUEST]] Clickable Cockpit Switch/Button Sound mod request

Rich8

Mod is live!

(original post)

Hi all! I've been playing DCS for a few years now, and as we all know, it has a long way to go. One of the things that really bug me about the older modules, MiG-21Bis and Ka-50 (I guess maybe A-10c too in some regards) is that the switches don't sound as heavy as they should. One of the things I really like about the F-5e is how they managed to make the switches "feel" heavy, with their sound and also their animations. The MiG-21's switches are quite weak feeling, which is funny because I recently saw a video of Lord Baldur sitting in a sawed off MiG-21MF (I think it was an MF) cockpit, and god, when I saw and heard those switches flip, it surprised me.

So my request is, might someone please make a sound mod detailing the clicks and flips of at-least the MiG-21? I would do it myself but I don't have any editing/sound recording software and I've zero experience when it comes to modding.

--------------------------------------

.......lol...3 minutes later I made a mod :3 I'll try to upload it to the userfiles once I find the sound I want to use, just using whatever DCS has as a replacement.

Introducing Rich8's Switches sound mod! Will link when the download goes active. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2880957/?sphrase_id=7923907

Inspiration;

[update] Alright, I've got it all set, it's on the user files, I guess I'm just waiting for the mod to go active and allowed to be downloaded. I'll link when it's up.

[update 9/12/17] I've added in sound completely new to DCS World this time, credit is in the readme.txt

Edited by Rich8

Good job. I'll try it out when I can.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]