Help with mission 1, Georgian oil war. DCS campaign

Wardy940

Hey,

So I've been playing a lot of DCS lately, practising with the SU-25t's different missiles and weapon systems. I thought I'd give the campaign a go (I haven't even tried online yet). I can't even get past the first mission haha.

This is my first flight sim but, I'm having such a hard time getting near the targets. I keep getting blown to crap by the SAMs. I may dodge 1 or 2 missles but after that, I'm done for. I know without seeing what I'm doing it's a hard question but, am I doing something wrong?

I come in from the waypoints, ground forces pop green smoke to mark out allied troops then, pop red smoke out to mark targets. By this time, I'm normally getting fired upon so I lose sight of the targets and then I die in a fiery wreck approximately 2-5 minutes later. Can anyone give me any pointers for this mission, so I don't suck as much?

The first advice is: Be familiar with the AO. When you see the smokes try to memorise where it is (left of the hill, on the road before the railroadbridge etc...) then, go back 20-30km locate the target area and Search for SAMs they are usualy alone.

Don't be hurry if it take 5x time to lock him it's good because you're alive !

Second advice: Don't fly too low . AAA will not be effective against you and clouds are a good cover to dodge IR missiles

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to try flying up higher, i just follow what the recommend height for each waypoint is. I guess i just need to keep practising but damn, is this simulator hard to come to grips with. I also need to learn countermeasures more and different evasive manoeuvres.

Thanks again

I recommend flying "Revanche" campaign. It was originally made for an earlier version of Flaming Cliffs, but Winz updated it to work on FC3.

He has now done two versions - one with the FC Su-25 and one with the free Su-25T you get with DCS World.

The difficulty ramps up slowly and you get a nice, easy start. First mission is just a relocation to a different base, then you get a couple of practise missions before the real stuff starts.

Look here to get an idea - but beware, as it contains spoilers ;)

This campaign will prepare you nicely for the more difficult ones.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108164&highlight=Revanche

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2