Staying on a Snap View

I'm having trouble getting my snap view commands the way I want.

As it stands now if I want to input data on a clickable control panel using snap view, I have to RCTRL+NUM0 then NUMn. I'd like to eliminate the RCTRL+NUM0 step somehow.

I'd like to be able to press NUMn (where n=1-9) and go to a snap view...and STAY there until I'm done moving switches on that panel....then press another button to go back to my TrackIR view.

Any help appreciated.

ASUS Z87-PRO, I5-4690K OC to 4.5, 16gb G-Skill, ASUS GTX-970, 3x32" Samsung 1080p TVs, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD, Logitech Extreme 3D, 250Gb Samsung SSD, 2 TB WD Black

I use keyboard macros to do that, so that first it produces the keys to stop the headtracking and then the keys to activate the snapview, for example I use this on the Viggen, to use the EP13 viewfinder:

Headtracking_ON-OFF = {RCTL F9}

Cockpit_panel_view_toggle = {RCTL KP0}

Snapview_EP13_On = Headtracking_ON-OFF DLY(60) Cockpit_panel_view_toggle KP9

Snapview_EP13_Off = KP0 Headtracking_ON-OFF

DLY(60) is to introduce a small delay of 60 miliseconds, to ensure the headtracking has time to turn off. The Snapview_EP13 macros are then binded to buttons on my joystick.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I use keyboard macros to do that, so that first it produces the keys to stop the headtracking and then the keys to activate the snapview, for example I use this on the Viggen, to use the EP13 viewfinder:

Headtracking_ON-OFF = {RCTL F9}

Cockpit_panel_view_toggle = {RCTL KP0}

Snapview_EP13_On = Headtracking_ON-OFF DLY(60) Cockpit_panel_view_toggle KP9

Snapview_EP13_Off = KP0 Headtracking_ON-OFF

DLY(60) is to introduce a small delay of 60 miliseconds, to ensure the headtracking has time to turn off. The Snapview_EP13 macros are then binded to buttons on my joystick.

I do something similar with VoiceAttack but haven't needed to do anything with Trac IR.

VA holds the NUM(x) button pressed until I "release" it with another command.

Eliminates RCtrl / NUM0 step.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I'm having trouble getting my snap view commands the way I want.

As it stands now if I want to input data on a clickable control panel using snap view, I have to RCTRL+NUM0 then NUMn. I'd like to eliminate the RCTRL+NUM0 step somehow.

For default NP (Num Pad) 1-9 is assigned for move camera FOV around (like a joy HAT), this is for "casual players" using keyboard only for fly, most people don't use in this way, so erase the commands in this keys 1-9 and use for Snap Views, default or custom.

For example, Snap View RCtrl+NP2 looks for... the bottom of seat, very useful. :D

I modify this Snap View to look at Spitfire Magnetic Compass behind control column, and delete the default RCtrl+NP5 and set Space Bar instead, but could leave both keys assigned if want.

Or set joystick, "button-box" buttons for this Snap Views.

so it can only be done with Voice Attack or macros?

If I understand what you're askin, then yes. Only practical way I can think of doing it.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

If I understand what you're askin, then yes. Only practical way I can think of doing it.

Ok. I gave up and just started using Voice Attack.

ASUS Z87-PRO, I5-4690K OC to 4.5, 16gb G-Skill, ASUS GTX-970, 3x32" Samsung 1080p TVs, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD, Logitech Extreme 3D, 250Gb Samsung SSD, 2 TB WD Black