A-10A FC3 - CCRP doesn't work

freespirit

Hi All.

Have a question about CCRP bombing in A-10A Flaming Cliff 3, because I think that this system completely doesn't work in my game. The problem is that I can't lock the target. The default key is 'Enter' which basically lock the target by putting the red rectangle over it, but this is not a target lock for CCRP when the small rectangle with a dot should appear. If I press 'Enter' again the red rectangle move to another target and so on. I do everything correct to try CCRP: I'm in air-to-ground mode, bombs are selected, I can move pipper in all directions and even CCRP toggle (key 'O') also works BUT the Target Lock doesn't. To be honest bombing without CCRP is pretty much useless. I tried to re-map keys or even installed the game on different computer and still the same. I think this is a bug. I have the latest Steam version of the game. Do you have similar issue guys? Any ideas how to fix this?

... The problem is that I can't lock the target...

That's true. In the A-10A's CCRP mode you are not actually "locking" a target, you are setting a targeting point or bomb impact point on the ground. Weather there's something there or not is up to you. Your bombs will drop dumb to that point in CCRP release.

Edited by Winston 60

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Thanks for reply. You right – we setting targeting point, weather there's something there or not. But I can't set a Target Point. This is the issue. I can't get this square with a dot in it after pressing 'Enter' key. This 'Enter' key just select the nearest target and put the red square over it it. Which is very strange, because I have different key mapped for doing this. If I try to press 'Enter' in the area free from hostile units, it simply nothing happen after pressing 'Enter'. Even after switching to CCRP mode (key 'O') I don't get a continuous vertical line. The line is always dashed, which means that the target is not set.

It works fine.

1. select A/G

2. choose bombs

3. move circular symbol to target area

4. Lock target.

5. Select CCRP

6. keep plane in line as target square drops down fall line.

7. Boom!

The weird thing is selecting CCRP after selecting target. Where you turning that on first?

Thanks for reply. To answer your question - I first try to lock the target and then select CCRP. I do in the same sequence like you do. Below you can see the screenshot when I'm ready to set a target point. The pipper is on the right side of the display. Than I press 'Enter' and nothing happen. Display looks exactly the same. The pipper is still there in dashed circle. Even when I press 'O' key for CCRP after this, also nothing happen. I was trying to map different key for Target Lock, but this still didn't help.

Screenshot https://ibb.co/gKdLB5

The ENTER key works differently in "Game Modes". :smilewink: Try turning off "Game Flight Mode" and "Game Avionics Mode". Then your ENTER key should lock a spot on the ground for you. :thumbup:

Edited by Winston 60

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset