After the Tomcat?

carss

I don't really see how that goes to contrary to what I've said?

It might have carried more than its replacements, but it's still a bomb truck with a limited top speed due to its design.

Not contradicting you at all. Just making the observation that the A-6 is faster than a lot of people give it credit for, and that includes while carrying a full load.

(This should go directly to engine developers, not module developers strictly) Everyone would appreciate leap forward in kinetic physics and fluid dynamics engine capabilities as current state is not satisfactory for anyone except casual and rookie players. Putting scope on MP, sensor raytracing and RCS/TCS signatures processing, missile guidance, countermeasure resistance need imminent upgrade. Terrain proximity LOD phasing, collision and damage engine is next on list. Lets face it straight forward, all we have is good graphics DX11 engine and fancy shiny 3d models with nice cockpit interior and good sounds but what is really missing is unified all-applicable physics behavior as every damn flying object has two basic components: geometry and aerodynamic forces as result of stable/changed geometry configurations in interaction with propulsion force. Inertial and ballistic behavior of models is first to start with - I mean unified and not tweaked and tuned for every model individually as then we wouldn't have cases of MP lagging and egg. cases of drastic difference of braking force generated by almost same air-brakes cross section like in M2k and 25t as least has 10% effectiveness of first one. Unified flight physics is must, rest is smoke and mirrors. That is the way to gain some respect in SIM world of today. At this state of game, putting another module in engine is not so enthusiastic option in my case as brief look back on history of DCS looks full of unfinished product starting from physics engine itself. Right now this looks like being in Ravell shop with every lack of adrenaline as there could be armed X15 in hangar with no soul in it. Once again - PHYSICS!

Edited by jackmckay

(This should go directly to engine developers, not module developers strictly) Everyone would appreciate leap forward in kinetic physics and fluid dynamics engine capabilities as current state is not satisfactory for anyone except casual and rookie players. Putting scope on MP, sensor raytracing and RCS/TCS signatures processing, missile guidance, countermeasure resistance need imminent upgrade. Terrain proximity LOD phasing, collision and damage engine is next on list. Lets face it straight forward, all we have is good graphics DX11 engine and fancy shiny 3d models with nice cockpit interior and good sounds but what is really missing is unified all-applicable physics behavior as every damn flying object has two basic components: geometry and aerodynamic forces as result of stable/changed geometry configurations in interaction with propulsion force. Inertial and ballistic behavior of models is first to start with - I mean unified and not tweaked and tuned for every model individually as then we wouldn't have cases of MP lagging and egg. cases of drastic difference of braking force generated by almost same air-brakes cross section like in M2k and 25t as least has 10% effectiveness of first one. Unified flight physics is must, rest is smoke and mirrors. That is the way to gain some respect in SIM world of today. At this state of game, putting another module in engine is not so enthusiastic option in my case as brief look back on history of DCS looks full of unfinished product starting from physics engine itself. Right now this looks like being in Ravell shop with every lack of adrenaline as there could be armed X15 in hangar with no soul in it. Once again - PHYSICS!

Do you have a super computer in your house to run it? Because that's what it would take to do a true CFD physics based flight simulator. We have them at work for the development of new aircraft and they can't be run in real time with any fidelity without bringing the cluster to it's knees. Even the level D simulators used to train pilots are table based and get wonky at the edges of the envelope. We are 10 years out from doing it in professional level D simulators and 15-20 years from home hardware being able to run true physics based simulations.

AOG

Hey this is OT but since there are often quite a bit of general misunderstanding of how EFMs work in DCS I encourage everyone interested to check out the source code of CptSmileys F-16 or the accompanying NASA papers:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=74365&share_tid=95985&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eeagle%2Eru%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D95985&share_type=t

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

I hope it is an F-111 but with everyone speculating that it would have to have Jester/swing wings/naval/ground radar this and that, wouldn't it be funny if it was a JA-37 Viggen?

An F-111 would indeed fit, unlike the JA-37.

What about an Hawkeye :pilotfly:

Doesn't fit.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Plans are just plans. RAZBAM will be busy for years to come and do not have any exclusive rights to reserve any aircraft.

neither does Heatblur.

And A6 doesnt have all the technologies F14 does, so i do not consider that statement to mean the A6.

Besides IRRC razbam had already begun work on Mig23, but despite some early WIP, further developments were cancelled because Reasons. Apparently ED or someone does have exclusive rights. ( or someone already begun work on one)

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

neither does Heatblur.

I never said they do.

All I said is that the fact that RAZBAM plans to do the A-6E after the AV-8B(NA), Mirage IIIC, A-29B, MiG-19P, AV-8B+, A-7E and any other yet to be announced aircraft, would not prevent Heatblur to plan the A-6E on their own.

RAZBAM plans a lot of things...

Edited by MBot

I never said they do.

All I said is that the fact that RAZBAM plans to do the A-6E after the AV-8B(NA), Mirage IIIC, A-29B, MiG-19P, AV-8B+, A-7E and any other yet to be announced aircraft, would not prevent Heatblur to plan the A-6E on their own.

Add the Tornado to the list ;)

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I never said they do.

NO Veao Plans a lot of things.........

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

After F-14 and DCS F-18 I think will be good, my personal wish list:

1) F-16A block 15 NETZ (IAF model) might be much easy to develop than complex block 52, because block 15 haven't glass cockpit and UFC.

2) Tornado IDS

3) F-15E (why not? - next level and much harder to made) - it will be cool successor of Janes F-15 and Strike Eagle from Microprose

4) F-117A

f-16a-netz-107-iaf-116-tayeset-jp-338.jpg

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

Hey this is OT but since there are often quite a bit of general misunderstanding of how EFMs work in DCS I encourage everyone interested to check out the source code of CptSmileys F-16 or the accompanying NASA papers:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=74365&share_tid=95985&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eeagle%2Eru%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D95985&share_type=t

Hell Yeah. This is what I meant. Didn't know about his thread but from my perspective that was the ONLY way to make quality FM away of HPC or cluster computing. Interpolation of table charts gained by CFD processing incorporated in realtime engine is mother of serious flight sim. Condition that is a MUST is that every module(missile) has to be tested on same CFD engine settings to give correlated and comparable results. Looking forward to see what CaptSmiley has been done up to 100 pages of posts.

My rig: i7 3970X(50GB/sec transfer), 32GB RAM, RAID SSD 512GB(2x256), QuadroK4000, TeslaK20C(2TB/sec transfer).. its CFD GP-GPU HPC configuration.

Guess threads are fun.

What about the A32 Lansen? Two-seat, has some kind of ground mapping/nav radar and it was the original delivery platform for the Rb04. So a lot of reuse of heatblur tech.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_32_Lansen

Though I guess it's even more obscure than the Viggen, so commercially it doesn't really make that much sense.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hawkeye Hawkeye

This! Imagine doing traps with E-2/C-2's. Gawd! Plus, as I've mentioned before, we would get both our first AWACS aircraft, but also our first dedicated transport. So much to do!!!! It's less work than an 707, plus someone needs to guide those AIM-54's after the turkey pilots get a little shaky and start extending at 80nm! :joystick:

US_Navy_020424-N-6492H-535_E-2C_-_combat_mission.jpg

US_Navy_081111-N-9565D-040_t._Brett_Whorley%2C_left%2C_and_Lt._Andrew_Leatherwood%2C_assigned_to_Airborne_Early_Warning_Squadron_%28VAW%29_115%2C_the.jpg

a-naval-flight-officer-tracks-aircraft-stocktrek-images.jpg

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Guys, remember:

We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies

That doesn't sound like a Hawkeye or a Draken to me.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Once the Tomcat is released I can die happy. I don't care what comes afterwards, it can't ever be as good as the Tomcat. ;)

• Like 1

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.