After the Tomcat?

carss

We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies. We're also looking at expanding the F-14 product, but will look more closely at what exactly that means after release. That said, 2018 will be mostly the year of improvements to both the F-14 and Viggen.

We don't want to be stuck in the eternal Beta rut.

Phantom? wait for long long time. And hope any team can make Vietnam , Cambodia , Lao & South China sea map, it will be good for 2nd and 3rd generation war birds, and helicopters, to bomb and intercept...

hope so.

13.thumb.jpg.f5d31b640843a93f6f1686f6e2e8d1f3.jpg

After the Tomcat.

Please bring this bad boy to DCS World.

To be fair though I am so delighted the F-14 has arrived and the guys have done such a great job on it that I am happy to just enjoy the Tomcat for the time being.

The Tomcat will keep me entertained for years.

A Gr1 and an Iraq map and the F14 A&B, then I would be in simulation heaven.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I still have a fierce grá for the YF-155's....

Either the 25's or the early 31's. They're both out of service in one way or another - the 25 especially is only sort of being used by the odd tinpot or some middle-eastern rebels fighting that tinpot. The 25 is a historical adversary for the Tomcat, doesn't fit in with the turn and burn meta and requires some skillful tactics to use correctly.

It can also be effective even against 4th generation aircraft, if used by a pilot playing to its strengths, making fast attacks and using the aircraft's speed to evade technically better aircraft.

Even at it's standard 2.83 redline (rather than the, the engines are a disposable element 3.2) it's still faster than anything in DCS. It's still higher flying.

In hindisght, the missions where there's a use-case for it will probably be few and far between. Maybe if reconnaissance missions are a thing with proper ELINT capability. Or bombing from 80kft

I still have a fierce grá for the YF-155's....

Either the 25's or the early 31's. They're both out of service in one way or another - the 25 especially is only sort of being used by the odd tinpot or some middle-eastern rebels fighting that tinpot. The 25 is a historical adversary for the Tomcat, doesn't fit in with the turn and burn meta and requires some skillful tactics to use correctly.

It can also be effective even against 4th generation aircraft, if used by a pilot playing to its strengths, making fast attacks and using the aircraft's speed to evade technically better aircraft.

Even at it's standard 2.83 redline (rather than the, the engines are a disposable element 3.2) it's still faster than anything in DCS. It's still higher flying.

In hindisght, the missions where there's a use-case for it will probably be few and far between. Maybe if reconnaissance missions are a thing with proper ELINT capability. Or bombing from 80kft

The interceptor and bomber/recon version aren't the same and I imagine they would require a good bit of additional systems coding though. That said, depending on how they decide to implement the TARPS pod in the F-14, a dedicated recce platform could become a thing in the future (and the Viggen is already a prototype for ELINT).

The interceptor and bomber/recon version aren't the same and I imagine they would require a good bit of additional systems coding though. That said, depending on how they decide to implement the TARPS pod in the F-14, a dedicated recce platform could become a thing in the future (and the Viggen is already a prototype for ELINT).

Well, they're similar in the same vein as most A-B's in the game. Either one would be an interesting addition.

the Interceptor would be amusing because - if the fidelity is high enough - it could finally be used to answer the question...

Could an SR-71 have been shot down by a Mig if the Black Line was just that bit too close to the airbase?

That'd be a hell of an instant mission. From cold start, to take-off, to zoom climb, to firing off this massive IR-guided missile that the Blackbird doesn't have a countermeasure for..... and hoping it hits.

that said, most people will merrily tuirnfiooght tomcats in their Foxbats. they'd do well to ask some Libyan pilots how effective that tactic was.

the F-4E ?

Specs: Win10 64bits Pro, Intel i9-9900K | 32Go | RTX 2080 Ti | M.2 SSD 850go x2

Hardware: HTC Vive Pro + X56

Maps : Normandy + Assets | Gulf | Nevada

DCS Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | SuperCarrier | F-14A/B | F-5E | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | Mig-19 | MiG-21bis | AV-8B | Fw 190 D-9 | SA342 | P-51D | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | M-2000C | F-16C

F-4E would be my first choice

A-6 would be my second

Tornado would be my 3rd

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

At the risk of being hammered by the modern fighter jocks I would like to see Heatblur work on some wwii aircraft!

Hawker Typhoon or Tempest :music_whistling:

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

According to Wags interview by Alert5podcast, ED can't do Fulcrum due to the main studio being in Russia, but that doesn't prevent a third party for doing it.... so Heatblur Fulcrum pretty pretty please!!! :D :D :D

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Stop discussion! That will be MIG-29 !!!

Куплю модули : СУ-7 , СУ-9 , СУ-11,Миг-23,Миг-27 ,Ту-22М3,Ту-95,Ми-24,AH-64,F-16 ,F-4 Phantom,модуль-карту современной западной Европы

I-7 4790k (4.4GHz), GTX980 4GB , Z97, 16Gb DDR3

A-6

F-14D

F-105

T-2 Buckeye for a nice carrier trainer.

Aside from these aircraft it's be nice to see some contemporary opponents for the F-14.

If they indeed cover the A-6, hopefully its an A-6E SWIP. Maximum number of toys to play with ^.^

it may be better to let the developers focus on the release viggen and f14?!

do not train yourself to use unfinished products

I5 9600K 4.8(soft oc),GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO,PALIT GameRock 2080 Super,ADATA 8200SX PRO 512GB,32GB Kingston Predator (Dual Rank) 3466 MHZ(14 17 17 36),БП Super Flower Leadex II Gold 750W

Let's get some HB props in action with a Hawkeye module!

That would be pretty interesting, or even something like the P-3 Orion or TU-142 would be quite fun I would of though on the Persian Gulf and Caucasus map. Seeking out ships and submarines to sink them with torpedoes and mines