Play as ground units multiplayer

tangodownNZ

Is it possible to play as ground units in multiplayer within A10C. So if your friends are flying the A10 you can be ground units and shoot them down.

This would be cool.

You can either be in ground vehicles or in the airplane but not both.

What also is possible that you jump in a vehicle and let the AI fly the plane.

I think you're looking for Combined Arms.

This video covers everything - including your question:

Wow I missed that video somehow! Very helpful!

I wish more people took advantage of CA in multi player... everyone wants to fly so it's hard...

EDIT: where is the second part of this video? I can't even find this one on Matts channel?

Edited by The Black Swan

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

• 1 month later...

It doesn't look like you can fly the A10C in this Combined Arms game, or am I wrong, that was my original question, to be able to shoot down your mates.

I still think it would be much better to have the ability to control ground units in A10C, imagine how cool it would be in multiplayer if you could shoot down your friend or foe who is flying the A10C. Please make this happen Eagle Dynamics!

It doesn't look like you can fly the A10C in this Combined Arms game, or am I wrong, that was my original question, to be able to shoot down your mates.

I still think it would be much better to have the ability to control ground units in A10C, imagine how cool it would be in multiplayer if you could shoot down your friend or foe who is flying the A10C. Please make this happen Eagle Dynamics!

That is possible since forever. What is necessary is:

A guy who has the A-10C module (or any other plane he wants to fly)

A guy with Combined Arms module (to jump into a Multiplayer Slot for JTAC/Ground Commander)

A mission that has slots for both, the A-10C (plane) and JTAC/Ground Commander

If necessary create your own mission and host it.

Maybe have a look at the manual.

http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/240300/manuals/Combined%20Arms%20Manual%20EN.pdf?t=1485864446

or watch this video:

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)