No training missions?

imacken

Just bought the Huey, and I can't see any training missions even though in the blurb it says there is interactive training.

Should there be some? You know, basics like startup, etc.

EDIT: Just saw the install button. Duh!

Edited by imacken

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Although I installed the training missions, I feel somewhat disappointed. There are in fact only 2 with trainer - a startup and a weapons introduction.

No, although they are both useful, all other modules I own - about 7 or 8 - have quite a few training missions, which when read in conjunction with the manuals, have always been a great help in learning the aircraft.

I honestly feel, that especially in the case of a helicopter and its obvious differences with fixed wing aircraft, that there should be more, e.g. take off, hovering, navigation, for helicopter novices.

Additionally, I spent quite a while in the weapons mission getting to the point where the instructor says 'move to left gunner, press 3' and getting nowhere. It wasn't till I did a Google search, and discoverd that the gunners had not been put in the load out for that mission, and it was necessary to edit the mission in the editor to put them in!

Now, that thread was about 4 years old! Why on earth have Belsimtek not made that simple change after all this time?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Do you have (redacted) 2.x or 1.5.x?

I don't remember any functional training mission for the Huey in 2.x.z however free flight does work on the other hand the training should work mmm in 1.5.

BTW the Huey is a great ride. :D

Edited by FragBum
(redacted)

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Correct, there are no functional training missions in 2.x for any module incluing the Huey, as they use Caucasus. They will be there when 2.5 is released though.

As I said, the weapons training mission doesn't work (in 1.5) as Belsimtek have not added the gunners to the payload. Needs editing in Mission Editor. My point was why is this still broken after 4 years or so when it can easily be fixed?

I wish all tutorials were present in version 2.5 it is very bad to be watching a movie than to learn in practice. Many tutorials are already in movies. I do not think anyone likes to just look. The clickable panel was much better.

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56