Flares not working intermittently.

Jugdriver

Forgive me if its a stupid observation but you have to flick the safety off over the flare button else it wont work on the 1st press. I will double check but i think Injust hold the flare button after that and they deploy with no snags.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I have the safety up and I can see with my key binding that the button is being depressed. I also hold it down for a significant amount of time (close to 10 seconds) the first time I try and use it, which I do right after take off. Some times it works and it is good and sometimes it does not work no matter how long I hold the button down.

Thanks again for the replies, it is giving the indication that I might have a conflicting key input.

JD

AKA_MattE

I am experiencing the same bug. It is really annoying, and it costed me my virtual plane multiple times on an MP server. Actually I am not sure if this bug is present in SP, I fly MP almost exclusively.

I have personally observed that there is some randomness to it, that is I found no way to replicate the bug, but it appears that it has something to do with the starting sequence. What works for me personally to make the dispenser releasing countermeasures is to wait for rearming to finish before starting up the engine, let the engine to spool up before turning on gyros, and finally let them to start spinning before flipping the AC power on.

I appreciate the other comments offering simple remedies to this problem such as flipping the safety cover, presumably not everyone is affected by this bug, it is only an MP issue or the particular way the plane is started prevent the bug from occurring, but let me assure you that we are not forgetting any trivial matter, the bug is really present there for us.

The bug is certainly still there, in SP as well - at least it doesn't happen as often as it did a couple of patches ago. Its intermittent nature makes it difficult to reproduce and investigate, though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Does it matter how the mission starts (cold start, hot start, start in the air...)?

I have this issue both in MP from a cold start and from SP from air start. What is strange is that even with the air start from a quickly make mission it will work for one mission and the next time with the same mission it will not.

I am still going to do a thorough look into my TARGET profile for my warthog and see if there is a conflict in there, since it is strange that some folks do not see this issue at all.

JD

AKA_MattE

This has nothing to do with holding the button or high Gs maneuvers.

Its a malfuction. Whatever is a bug or anything else I don't know.

In Nevada, this bug is happening to me and my friend. In 1.5.7 is only happening to him and to me just occasionaly. When it doesn't work, its the same with holding the button or just press and release. Nothing works.

When it works ok, it works with simple short press. No need to hold the button. And we already tried just after a very smooth takeof, so no hard Gs.

We both always start our flight from ramp cold and we always do the same startup precedure.

I just tested online but if I remember, tomorrow I'll tryit offline.

I'll see if I have multiple imputs assign to it.

I already tried different quantities of flares/shaffs and I can't correlate it to the "bug".

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

The bug is certainly still there, in SP as well - at least it doesn't happen as often as it did a couple of patches ago. Its intermittent nature makes it difficult to reproduce and investigate, though.

Yes I agree this is still a bug.

I went thru my controls and there are no conflicts. What is worse is that I have not been able to get the flairs to work on MP for some time now at all. I know They have this marked as resolved until further user feedback but the status needs to be changed since it seems a lot of people still have this issue.

Honestly this makes the Mig 21 very vulnerable in MP, I certainly hope the developers will look at it again.

JD

AKA_MattE

I don't hink start up sequence mattes.... I start engine then order load out while engine spools up then finish flipping switches and flare work most times but not others.

I do notice that there is a bug with the number of flares I can load too. Maybe this is connected?

First time i load ASO i think it is 30/30 flares/chaff ... maybe it is 32/32? can't remember exactly which. BUT the next time I land and reload it is stuck at 40 flares and I can't change it .

}, -- end of ["pylons"]
                                           ["fuel"] = 2280,
                                           ["flare"] = 40,
                                           ["ammo_type"] = 1,
                                           ["chaff"] = 18,
                                           ["gun"] = 100,
                                       }, -- end of ["payload"]

Made a new mission and this is what the .miz specifies for the countermeasures. The results of a runtime rearm could be tested by prepare mission and checking that save file in the same way.

Last I heard on this countermeasure issue is that it was a multi-session problem. The behavior is different simply by restarting the mission without relaunching the EXE. Proper testing would involve mission restarts and airplane respawns to see if one sortie was interfering with the next.

Last I heard on this countermeasure issue is that it was a multi-session problem. The behavior is different simply by restarting the mission without relaunching the EXE. Proper testing would involve mission restarts and airplane respawns to see if one sortie was interfering with the next.

I am going to try this out next time I fly BF. Last night the first time I spawned the flares worked, and after that I just did a re-arm and refuel and they continued to work. Then I went down and they stopped working after I switched slots but stayed in the mission. After I get shot down, change slots or anything other than a rearm/refuel with the original aircraft I will try exiting the game and relaunching it to see if it keeps the flares working.

JD

AKA_MattE

Edited by Jugdriver