AV-8B NA Pocket Guide (WiP)

Zeus67

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame that the Sidearm didn't make it into this update of the guide. I wonder how it aquires targets, via optical sensor like a maverick or over a display like a HARM?

Also will the Sidearm be available on release?

Afaik exactly the same as a normal sidewinder.

After all its an AIM9c with a broader band seeker and thats it afaik.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Shame that the Sidearm didn't make it into this update of the guide. I wonder how it aquires targets, via optical sensor like a maverick or over a display like a HARM?

Also will the Sidearm be available on release?

Yes. It will be available on release but it has not been tested for reliability.

As for how to use it; it is a sidewinder so you use it like one. You point it towards the spot where the radar is and as soon as you get tone you fire it.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I've read in pocket guide:

I gave the documentation and answer to that in:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194145

I missed that one. On which document did you find it?

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I missed that one. On which document did you find it?

last link... these docs are full of very good information. You have general specs down to equations of filters, etc.

Video is also good to check to see how HUD and tracking behaves. Granted it's from A4M, but the functionality is the same.

Will this feature be implimeanted @ release? Sry couldn't resist.

https://youtu.be/lf3Kyv_iaNs:lol::music_whistling:

Sorry, CptSmiley has just included code that prevents True Lies antics. You will lose the engine before you can even set Master Arm ON

On a more serious note, can you even fire weopans from a hover like that:doh: just curious.

Yes, you can. There is nothing in the aircraft preventing you from doing that.

Is it advisable? No. You never fire/deliver ordnance from a hover. The aircraft can, and very likely will, become uncontrollable and the engine could take damage.

But don't worry. I am sure that some of you will do exactly that.

Yes, you can. There is nothing in the aircraft preventing you from doing that.

Is it advisable? No. You never fire/deliver ordnance from a hover. The aircraft can, and very likely will, become uncontrollable and the engine could take damage.

Of course, I will try that on release day!

Of course, I will try that on release day!
Please, make a Video documentation. I am interested how you pull that off - on day one... :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You know us well... :joystick:

Also, is there gonna be a RAF scheme for the Harrier or do I have to make it myself? :pilotfly:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Always those bloody Brits nagging about 'their' Harrier.. Will we get GR7/GR9? Will we have RAF/RN skins? Will we have HMS Ark Royal? Yeah yeah, we get it, you invented the bloody thing and America stole it :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Always those bloody Brits nagging about 'their' Harrier.. Will we get GR7/GR9? Will we have RAF/RN skins? Will we have HMS Ark Royal? Yeah yeah, we get it, you invented the bloody thing and America stole it :D

...and they have prettier Liveries.

And the Carriers have a Ski Jump.

Just saying. ;)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Always those bloody Brits nagging about 'their' Harrier.. Will we get GR7/GR9? Will we have RAF/RN skins? Will we have HMS Ark Royal? Yeah yeah, we get it, you invented the bloody thing and America MADE IT BETTER :D

Fixed it for you.:thumbup:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Fixed it for you.

Actually, it was a British/American cooperation, that made it better. The Marine Corp funded the money, the Brits needed to improve the engine... ;)

While the Brits actually had built a proper Sea Harrier in the meantime. :smartass:

Shagrat

We didn't have the money to improve it so the Americans had about 70% stake in it.

But we are going off topic.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Pocket Guide has been updated:

- Mavericks

- AGM-122A

- Weapons Jettison

- RWR (WiP)

- Notes and Warnings.