AV-8B NA Pocket Guide (WiP)

Zeus67

One suggestion (plea) though, PLEASE create the document with a dynamic Table of Contents that will link to the actual paragraph within the body of the document.

I would, if I knew how. The pocket guide is made on word with dynamic linking and then "printed" into a PDF file, but the links do not carry over. :cry:

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeus,

In Word change the as save type to PDF

Click on Options below the save as type drop down

In the options menu click on the Create Bookmarks using: Headings

And Boom, you have clickable links in the TOC

If you can't get this to work, let me know and I can send you a more in-depth walk-thru or can send me the docx file and I can convert it for you.

• Like 1

Specs: It's a computer...it runs DCS....

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would, if I knew how. The pocket guide is made on word with dynamic linking and then "printed" into a PDF file, but the links do not carry over. :cry:

I am surprised you use Word. Have you heard of the typesetting software LaTeX? It's the standard software that's used to prepare journal articles for publication etc. It is free and it's very easy to create beautifully formatted documents, for example if you have lots of figures you want to place among the text (as well as linked tables of contents, you can even refer to a figure or something in the text and have it so that when you click on that reference it takes you to the relevant figure).

Eagerly anticipating DCS: Space Shuttle

Zeus,

In Word change the as save type to PDF

Click on Options below the save as type drop down

In the options menu click on the Create Bookmarks using: Headings

And Boom, you have clickable links in the TOC

If you can't get this to work, let me know and I can send you a more in-depth walk-thru or can send me the docx file and I can convert it for you.

Thanks. It worked.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Really looking to loft bombing, haven’t done that since flying ‘Tornado’ on the Amiga 500 about 20 years ago

+1 ahhh good memories !!

What a wonderful sim was Tornado for his age...

Would really like a modern version of that sim!

+1 ahhh good memories !!

What a wonderful sim was Tornado for his age...

Would really like a modern version of that sim!

JP233, at night, 600 kts+, frame rate in single figures:thumbup:

Anyway, back on topic. Thanks for the great pocket guide. I'm really looking forward to flying this jet through the Nevada valleys, even with nothing but drop tanks I can see it is going to be immense fun.

Interesting to see that only 2 different kinds of A2G weapon can be carried, presumably limitations of the weapon-control computer? Reminds me of the Su-25 (in real life, no such limitation in the DCS Su25)

Cheers!

JP233, at night, 600 kts+, frame rate in single figures:thumbup:

Dont know if you meant to be sarcastic or what with that statement....

You really believe that in 2017 would be impossible to have a "modern" version of that sim ?

I really don't think so....

Dont know if you meant to be sarcastic or what with that statement....

You really believe that in 2017 would be impossible to have a "modern" version of that sim ?

I really don't think so....

Wow, so easy to be misunderstood on the internet. No sarcasm, I was referring to the performance of my Amiga! As soon as the action started, my frame rate crashed:(

I agree, a modern Tornado sim would be great.

Anyway, back to the AV8B.

Wow, so easy to be misunderstood on the internet. No sarcasm, I was referring to the performance of my Amiga! As soon as the action started, my frame rate crashed:(

I agree, a modern Tornado sim would be great.

Anyway, back to the AV8B.

:):thumbup:

No problem mate !

Strange because I don't remember having that issue when playing it...

That's why I have misunderstood your post.

Nice Razbam,

I took a look to the pocket guide. Very nice..:D

I can't wait to sit in the cockpit and start my journey in the harrier.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: No more download issues, needs to open it on my PC instead of my phone through tapa.

Edited by sze5003

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Link in the OP seems to be down. Opening in Dropbox says it's not found. Maybe because I'm on my phone. Will try on the PC.

Just open the link in a new tab. Then you can download it.

i5 7600K OC 4.4, MSI Z270 Sli plus GTX 1080 OC, 2x16 GB Memory 3000 MHz, Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog, VKB pedals TrackIR 5.

Just open the link in a new tab. Then you can download it.
Yup that did it thanks :)

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Going to have this printed to coil binding at kinkos. which dimensions should I use?
Standard should work I think no? 8.5*11? I am thinking of doing the same at Staples. I don't like reading stuff on the PC.

The last update before release.

This is not the final version. It will be updated as other systems are enabled, but that will happen after the release.

Sections added:

Landing Systems (landing gear and NWS).

DECM Operational modes.

Study it my friends, the examination tool will arrive soon.

jupiiiiiii :)

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

This is not the final version. It will be updated as other systems are enabled, but that will happen after the release.

Sections added:

DECM Operational modes.

That's one exam I'm very much looking forward to. :D

Thank you for all the hard work and I wish you a smooth release!

Soon...

Sections added:

DECM Operational modes.

Ok, I think I should start to read the manual just in case... Or just learn the hard way ! :D

Sections added:

DECM Operational modes.

Thanks for all the hard work on the guide! smile.gif

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why is it that I never learn not to say "The last update"?

The pocked guide has been updated for typos and included a section about how to swap the sun visor for the NVG and vice versa in flight.

Yes, it can be done. I was told so by a current USMC pilot. It is lengthy prone to errors and be ready for being the target of your wingman's jokes (and your squadron) if you drop any piece inside the cockpit forcing you to do some acrobatic maneuvers to get it back.