AV-8B NA Pocket Guide (WiP)

Zeus67

How do you use the Depressed Attitude Symbol (Witch Hat) in STOL ? What does it show ?

I'd love to know this too.

It seems to be fixed in relation to the main axis from tail to nose. Although the word "Depressed" may imply it's offset somewhat from this axis...?

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I understand, the witch hat has to be put on the horizon to get the proper attitude for hovering, (which is then achieved with 82° nozzles)

The other use is when transitioning to wing borne flight, (eg @ take off) you have to put the witch hat on the carets (which are at about 14°) and then start getting nozzles to 0°

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

It's called "depressed" because it's supposed to sit 8° below the actual waterline of the aircraft, but it doesn't quite show you that just yet.

In NAV or A/G modes the waterline is supposed to be level with the tops of the airspeed and altitude readouts, and in V/STOL the waterline is supposed to run through the middle of the heading tape (meaning the Witch's Hat is supposed to be fixed 8° below the center of the heading tape).

Hey Zeus,

Any chance we can get a "Change #" and date added to the cover so we can make sure we're using the latest version / information?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Hey Zeus,

Any chance we can get a "Change #" and date added to the cover so we can make sure we're using the latest version / information?

Sierra

oh yes please!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • ED Team
Strange that this isn’t a sticky anymore. Any plan for an update? According to post one the last update was late September.

Revision numbers would be nice like Sierra99 asked above.

Perhaps they are only updating through DCS updates now, and I agree about revision numbers, would love to see that across the board.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thry are working on weapon systems with the addition of 65e.

See here:

Today work started on the AV-8B Armament Control Panel. God willing we will have it ready fairly quick. The rework will include the AGM-65Es and revision of the CCRP, CCIP symbology.

This rework will also enable the following UFC functions:

WPN: Weapons Delivery Programing

TOO: Target Of Oportunity.

TMR: Timing functions.

INS Designation (designating a waypoint/markpoint as a target).

Regarding the APKWS II rockets, their inclusion depends on how complex is defining laser guided missiles. If too complex, then they won't be included. Otherwise I will add them to the weapons suite.

I'm guessing they will update in one go

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Thry are working on weapon systems with the addition of 65e.

See here:

Today work started on the AV-8B Armament Control Panel. God willing we will have it ready fairly quick. The rework will include the AGM-65Es and revision of the CCRP, CCIP symbology.

This rework will also enable the following UFC functions:

WPN: Weapons Delivery Programing

TOO: Target Of Oportunity.

TMR: Timing functions.

INS Designation (designating a waypoint/markpoint as a target).

Regarding the APKWS II rockets, their inclusion depends on how complex is defining laser guided missiles. If too complex, then they won't be included. Otherwise I will add them to the weapons suite.

I'm guessing they will update in one go

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This will be sweet! APKWS II would be awesome if RAZBAM is able to code it. Then that means they can probably be slapped on to the A-10C as well.

I feel like a little kid at the moment.

PS Say hello to Dylan for me 59th :pilotfly:

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

APKWS like battlefield? the laser guided rockets?
Yepp, they are very real... An attempt to further improve the accuracy of forward firing ordnance.

https://www.baesystems.com/en/product/apkws-laser-guided-rocket

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys

Its my understanding that the latest update has cockpit switches in the on position when you first get in the cockpit. Could you please update the cockpit section to show then which buttons we need to actually hit when starting up the aircraft...I would love to see a pictorial for this section.

Not sure it will be in the pocket guide, but you will go through all the seitches and their correct position in the first training mission (with brief description of their functions)
I believe by default the fuel prop, and fuel switches on the left, and generator switch on the right are defaulted to on last time I tried the cold and dark misson. All I had to do was power up the battery, fuel cut off handle down on the left, decs switch up, then engine start switch.

Looking forward to your misisons :)

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Thanks mate!

Those switches are now set to what they should be set to according to real life operating procedures. I even checked it with a Harrier pilot who confirmed their position - the plane is prepared by the Plane Captain, but still pilots go through the entire checklist every time they get in the pit in case the Captain had a worse day ;)

Oh, BTW will be in touch soon, have a new project I could use your help :)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks mate!

Those switches are now set to what they should be set to according to real life operating procedures. I even checked it with a Harrier pilot who confirmed their position - the plane is prepared by the Plane Captain, but still pilots go through the entire checklist every time they get in the pit in case the Captain had a worse day ;)

Oh, BTW will be in touch soon, have a new project I could use your help :)

Sounds good, always happy to lend a hand!

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz