Ka-52 misfire that everyone says was at Zapad 2017

Worrazen

Could be some of those blackhat youtube spammers trying to get views of the happenings, could be an old video, but didn't do research yet.

But now Life.ru got the cockpit video showing the HUD of the targeting system twitching.

https://www.rt.com/news/403789-cockpit-video-helicopter-misfire/

All videos I know about are here, 3 as of right now, will add more later if they appear:

https://mega.nz/#F!qcUlWIra!VPSbgRAlMl7R2xZ5E6hmHw

• Like 1

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Hope that nobody in close proximity got seriously hurt.

From the article, it seems as if the platform released the missiles automatically based on a wrongly locked target? Interesting system if that's true, considering that those were unguided rockets. But such system would certainly improve hit ratio which such rockets.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

There were 2 people at least within 10m of the strike, but there didn't seem to be a huge explosion. Hopefully they weren't hurt too badly. Were those smoke rockets, perhaps? The cameraman in the video during the strike seemed to be within 10m of the strike and didn't seem to get knocked down hard, so I'm thinking not much of an explosion?

There were 2 people at least within 10m of the strike, but there didn't seem to be a huge explosion. Hopefully they weren't hurt too badly. Were those smoke rockets, perhaps? The cameraman in the video during the strike seemed to be within 10m of the strike and didn't seem to get knocked down hard, so I'm thinking not much of an explosion?

I suppose that these were training rounds with inert charge. I am quite puzzled how it managed to shoot unguided rockets exactly in the second when the targeting circle jumped on the vehicle. Automatic trigger on unguided rockets, which are more area/spray and pray weapon does not make much sense.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I suppose that these were training rounds with inert charge.

They might have been anti armor rockets which are made for penetration and not fragmentation.

I am quite puzzled how it managed to shoot unguided rockets exactly in the second when the targeting circle jumped on the vehicle. Automatic trigger on unguided rockets, which are more area/spray and pray weapon does not make much sense.

I'm not familiar with the targeting system of the Ka-52 (is it exactly the same as our Ka-50?), but maybe the laser range finder activated at the moment the pilot (inadvertently) hit the trigger, which let the targeting circle jump to a new position, based on the laser return?

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Initially I also thought about rockets being misfired.

When they walked around after the impact, though, there was a red-white band visible that had apparently been placed in quite a distance all around this truck. A command truck with nobody inside, it seems.

Of course this is just my personal conclusion, but to me it seems possible, these guys sneaked into the training area. And hopefully were all just lucky to walk away from there.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD