Sounds Teaser

Gunny Highway

Any chance we can get a video with engine sounds? Very unique sounding jet, curious how it turned/turns out.

The aircraft's specific sounder is still being developed by ED.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I have seen this stated a few times by other developers, what is the reasoning behind this if such info can be shared with the humble peasants? :music_whistling:. Is it part of the contract or dose ED do it because it is part of the game engine itself?

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

I have seen this stated a few times by other developers, what is the reasoning behind this if such info can be shared with the humble peasants? :music_whistling:. Is it part of the contract or dose ED do it because it is part of the game engine itself?

The reason is the AI aircraft. They are handled by DCS, so the sounder must be an integral part of DCS and only ED can do that.

We can make our own sounder, but it would only work with the pilot's aircraft. Other aircraft would use the default sound.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Did the Military Sounds Studio deal end up not working out?

I know you guys posted on facebook over the summer that you were working together, just curious how that panned out.

I'd buy it with stock sounds BTW. Need a new module to mess around in.

The reason is the AI aircraft. They are handled by DCS, so the sounder must be an integral part of DCS and only ED can do that.

We can make our own sounder, but it would only work with the pilot's aircraft. Other aircraft would use the default sound.

Got yah!, thanks for the explanation :thumbup:

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

Did the Military Sounds Studio deal end up not working out?

I know you guys posted on facebook over the summer that you were working together, just curious how that panned out.

I'd buy it with stock sounds BTW. Need a new module to mess around in.

Probably still on, nothing has suggested the deal fell through.

The sounder Zeus is on about is 'code' for lack of a better term that makes it so everybody else hears the Harrier's custom engine sounds. Otherwise you as the pilot of the Harrier would hear the new sounds but others without the Harrier would hear stock DCS jet engine sounds / no sound at all.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

• 4 weeks later...
Glad to hear that. I hope you guys change M-2000 as well. Because it's not anywhere near to an average DCS module IMHO.

Really? I don't own the M-2000 but every time one flies by in MP they sound amazing. A lot better than most other modules IMO.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Just a heads-up. ED is working on the sounder. We expect that AV-8B NA's specific engine sounds to be available by next week.

Just a heads-up. ED is working on the sounder. We expect that AV-8B NA's specific engine sounds to be available by next week.

Does this mean the module will ship with the correct sounds?

I don't care if it uses default sounds i just want to fly it :joystick:

• 3 weeks later...

ED decided that they do not want to be in the sounder business anymore. They released a set of tools that enable us to create our own sounder to be used with player's and AI aircrafts.

CptSmiley is working on it, but it still is WiP.

ED decided that they do not want to be in the sounder business anymore. They released a set of tools that enable us to create our own sounder to be used with player's and AI aircrafts.

CptSmiley is working on it, but it still is WiP.

Good news.

So someone without the Harrier will still hear that unique Pegasus sound on a MP server?

This could open up the gates for all 3rd party devs to improve the sounds on their respective modules.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I hope this won't delay early access?

I cannot wait to get my mitts on this beast

No. It won't.