Radar vertical scan zone bug?

mytai01

If I'm at 5000m and target is at 8000m should I be able to scan up +3 and detect? If so, it doesn't work. I put it to 0 and detected.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

think of a cone. if you scan +3 you could be looking to high and thats why your not seeing anything and at 0 your will see the target. instead of saying its bug, you might want to maybe ask what your issue is in a different question.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

If I'm at 5000m and target is at 8000m should I be able to scan up +3 and detect? If so, it doesn't work. I put it to 0 and detected.

Depends on how far away he is and what you have the expected target range set to. If you have it set to the default "10", then +3 is scanning very steeply above you and the target should be well within visual range, if he's actually painted on your HUD.

You can judge where your radar is scanning vertically by comparing the elevation coverage bar to the HUD view tick-marks.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

If your expected target range is set default of 10 (bottom of hud) then yes.

But I suspect the target you're looking at is much further than 10km away therefore no elevation would be required.

Remember your radar cone covers more altitude the further from your aircraft.

The approx. centre of your cone elevates in relation to your expected target range. eg.

+1 at 10km tgt range = cone +1000m@10km (a big elevation change)

+1 using 50km tgt range = +1000m@50km (a smaller elevation)

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org