DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

yeah, i am also extremely hyped ^^

I find it interesting to see some of the tactics they use in the video. It seems that they often approach pretty close to the ground and then do a popup maneuver, fire their rockets and then dive and turn away from the target. Makes sense to not spend too much time up high where you are more vulnerable to MANPADS

yeah, i am also extremely hyped ^^

I find it interesting to see some of the tactics they use in the video. It seems that they often approach pretty close to the ground and then do a popup maneuver, fire their rockets and then dive and turn away from the target. Makes sense to not spend too much time up high where you are more vulnerable to MANPADS

horizontal1.gif

source: https://www.nva-flieger.de/index.php/taktik/arfk/angriffsverfahren-gefechtsordnung.html#anghor

This site has TONS of interesting stuff about the GDR army helos, like technology, tactics, training, personal experiences, etc. (but it's all in german).

Once found in YouTube a video that went through a dozen or so Mi-24 attack tactics and maneuvers and how to operate with Mi-8, but have not found it anymore. It had the formations for different amounts of helicopters etc, all nicely illustrated and animated.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

But this Attack Pattern as in the Video is more likely to hit a big Area, they even pop up the Nose in to the Sky before Firing dont think this somewhat accurat Attack with the spread of the unguided Missiles..

Did the Mi-24 consist any Sort of Ballistic Guidiance in the HUD for the Missle, like our Ka-50?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

source: https://www.nva-flieger.de/index.php/taktik/arfk/angriffsverfahren-gefechtsordnung.html#anghor

This site has TONS of interesting stuff about the GDR army helos, like technology, tactics, training, personal experiences, etc. (but it's all in german).

Wow. Really nice resource there.

I didn't realise that Germany were operating the Mi-24P. I though it was only Russia.

So I'm now really curious... although the Mi-24 (generally) was operated by many countries, which nations operated the specific version we are going to get as player-flyable in DCS?

USSR, Russia, Ukraine, Germany, others?

(And hopefully there will be paintschemes for them too.)

Wow. Really nice resource there.

I didn't realise that Germany were operating the Mi-24P. I though it was only Russia.

they got all the east German ones.

this could be from east German training manuals.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

... is there any news on how is doing?...

Slow. :(

...Maybe what year we may see it?

No. :cry:

:beer: :smilewink:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

In today DCS update letter is a small info about Mi-24:

The Mi-24 cockpits are progressing well and we should be able to show you the first renders in the very near future.

Jiri

Yes,indeed.

In the last update they have mentioned(IIRC),that flight model is about 80% complete.:)

Yes,indeed.

In the last update they have mentioned(IIRC),that flight model is about 80% complete.:)

They got the easy part done, now the rest 20% is the hard part ;P

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Well, they have shown us those same crappy unfinished cockpit renders for three years now.

#notimpressed

#stillbutthurt

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

• 2 weeks later...

In order to prepare the "possible" arrival of the Hind, I decided to convert my KA-50 simpit to the Mi-24 one.

We have in exposition in the Air Museum of Brussels a Mil-Mi-24 Hind-D from Ex-DDR.

I am able to visit the beast from inside too (Pilot & Gunner) during Jan 2020, little report afterwards! :thumbup:

1453820289_Royal_Military_Museum_Brussels_-_Mil-Mi_24_Hind_(11448883875).jpg.c4a798def4de6b23fed32554785bdfbf.jpg

Mi-24 pit build in progress

In order to prepare the "possible" arrival of the Hind, I decided to convert my KA-50 simpit to the Mi-24 one.

We have in exposition in the Air Museum of Brussels a Mil-Mi-24 Hind-D from Ex-DDR.

I am able to visit the beast from inside too (Pilot & Gunner) during Jan 2020, little report afterwards! :thumbup:

I was building a Mi8 pit but once ED informed us that there will be a Mi-24 module I went a bit crazy and decided to switch direction. Having found a few sources for scrapped/decommissioned Russian aviation equipment, my hunt has gone into overdrive.

I fly in VR, but like to use real switches and dials. I don’t need working gauges. I build easily replicated panels myself, such as most of the switch panels, and have acquired an ARK-15, a SPU-7, a R-8xx channel dialler, a Mi8/24 cyclic, a M8-8 collective and pedals, a seat and parachute harness from a ‘8, ARK-2 panel, Latitude setting unit, and lots of toggle and push switches....

I have become obsessed and will probably require medical intervention over the coming months. Permanent residency in an institution may be necessary, if they suddenly scrap the project....

The cyclic and collective have magnetic braking systems, and the cyclic has actuator controlled trim via the hat switch. Currently flying the 8 regularly and since its release, I now view it as a training module for the Mi-24. Lots of shared systems or comparable systems. My ARK-15 runs the ARK-9 under DCSBIOS along with the SPU-7 (couldn't find a SPU-8) and the R-8xx radio channel dialler. All the left wall panels/switch sets will go into DCSBIOS also, and the next complex build will be adding the pedals which will have foot switch activated trimming functions.

And yes, I am a big show-off....

A55B9B7D-F9E4-439A-9979-065A7245A26E.thumb.jpeg.280612bb1daf12a33beebfdbbdc5c529.jpeg

1452FFFC-96F5-4B58-80C8-6A3E4C03342F.thumb.jpeg.0e0f1b1d335c4d13b2181d2e72e6d4df.jpeg

58DD0CEE-E2A2-46BE-A075-4C22764239A8.thumb.jpeg.cb566c33cfa8c4deae7b3c02254e724a.jpeg

65A2BE30-A189-4C7A-AE06-130EF72E2F47.thumb.jpeg.b2d9fc8fce13f9ba55d2e362d55d4e21.jpeg

7EC59133-4776-4D44-8E29-CCCF1600D6CB.thumb.jpeg.11fb55df7fc285cde7ebe907876101a9.jpeg

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

I was building a Mi8 pit but once ED informed us that there will be a Mi-24 module I went a bit crazy and decided to switch direction. Having found a few sources for scrapped/decommissioned Russian aviation equipment, my hunt has gone into overdrive.

I fly in VR, but like to use real switches and dials. I don’t need working gauges. I build easily replicated panels myself, such as most of the switch panels, and have acquired an ARK-15, a SPU-7, a R-8xx channel dialler, a Mi8/24 cyclic, a M8-8 collective and pedals, a seat and parachute harness from a ‘8, ARK-2 panel, Latitude setting unit, and lots of toggle and push switches....

I have become obsessed and will probably require medical intervention over the coming months. Permanent residency in an institution may be necessary, if they suddenly scrap the project....

The cyclic and collective have magnetic braking systems, and the cyclic has actuator controlled trim via the hat switch. Currently flying the 8 regularly and since its release, I now view it as a training module for the Mi-24. Lots of shared systems or comparable systems. My ARK-15 runs the ARK-9 under DCSBIOS along with the SPU-7 (couldn't find a SPU-8) and the R-8xx radio channel dialler. All the left wall panels/switch sets will go into DCSBIOS also, and the next complex build will be adding the pedals which will have foot switch activated trimming functions.

And yes, I am a big show-off....

Just one word : waouwwwwwww !:thumbup::thumbup:

That's a very nice job, well done !

I am looking for a collective lever but it's very hard to find :huh:

Currently I am on the Mi-8 in order to be prepared for the arrival of the Mi-24. I think that this module is still not for tomorrow so I will wait till an real estimate date of release to start my project.

My current KA-50 simpit :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3980891&postcount=42

It was modified for the F-14B from heatblur but is now back to his original...

The cyclic and collective have magnetic braking systems, and the cyclic has actuator controlled trim via the hat switch
:shocking::shocking::shocking::notworthy: amazing cockpit layout :beer: . Is the cyclic custom made? Looks stunning.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Found this image of the fixed gunner's sight.

I had been wondering for a while what the reticle looks like.

So, looks pretty much alike any other Russian reticle since WWII. Funny :lol: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

So, looks pretty much alike any other Russian reticle since WWII. Funny :lol: .

S!

If it works don't change it :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850