DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

Can you elaborate it? I can only use its AP just for heading and altitude adjustments not for taking off or landing :smartass:

Yes There no more autopilot options.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Hey guys,

During summer i am considering buying a new HOTAS, properly from VBK, but which from VBK would be best for this upcoming module...

Other suggestions also welcome, i got a budget around 500€

Thanks in advance.

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

I want buy this:

GUNFIGHTER MK.III MCG PRO EN.

Stick: https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/gunfighter-mk-iii/

Rudder: slaw viper

Throttle: Actual warthog, but i wait VKB :D

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Hey guys,

During summer i am considering buying a new HOTAS, properly from VBK, but which from VBK would be best for this upcoming module...

Other suggestions also welcome, i got a budget around 500€

Thanks in advance.

VKB jlystick alone goes for over 400€. And up coming throttle is confirmed to start with 200€ for base.

So you can buy in summer the joystick and then try to get saved for throttle later on when it comes out this year (confirmed).

So whole HOTAS is from 600€ to 700€ + pedals.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I have the VKB Gunfighter II. Before I used the Thrustmaster A-10C and F-18 HOTAS. My VKB is much more precise and sensitive. I find the same sensations as when I flew on Robinson 22. It's a real pleasure to use it !

For the pedals, I am also using the VKB T.rudder MkIV. Same remarks as for the cyclic stick !

For the collective I am still looking for a new one. Currently I am using a Saitek x52 throlle coupled with an extension (check Pic). I am looking for a new one but currently nothing getting closer from the Mi-8 or Mi-24 models...:(

I am flying on the Mi-8 and of course I am waiting for the upcoming Mi-24P !

IMG_8576.thumb.jpg.fc667758687543378c19a416904a3c86.jpg

780790513_VKBGunfighterII.thumb.jpg.9e7b619354ab95f60d3c8e481043be3f.jpg

Edited by Razorback

I just make some layout of cockpit panels. For now just two but i will upload rest of panels. Sorry for poor quality. Be advise it just wersion V/W so i don't have knowlage about discrepancy with P ver.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rGZRTIgEZ0MyOREcEhTfrJWjrOCayoMF/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PKWy96Vt5vsf8clT81gY5nDaY-V22esi/view?usp=sharing

Edited by CYGAN apa.sq

. Currently I am using a Saitek x52 throlle coupled with an extension (check Pic). I am looking for a new one but currently nothing getting closer from the Mi-8 or Mi-24 models...:(

I am flying on the Mi-8 and of course I am waiting for the upcoming Mi-24P !

Virpil is coming out with a helicopter collective. I hoped VKB would have done same announcement as well, but likely too small market.

https://www.helisimmer.com/news/virpil-entering-helicopter-market-showcases-collective

I would see market for same collective grip compatibility as joysticks. Only having a magnetic brake lever base and then sell few different grips for helicopters, but allow left handed joystick grips be used as well. Think about a MCG Pro as collective grip... Make the magnetic brake part of VKB blackbox programming (possible) and you could use even the brake lever as such.

@Razorback, Witch kind of Pedals did you use for Heli Sim?

Long Time ago had Saitek Pedals with removed Spring, currently use Crosswind Pedals, but they not realy suited for this kind.

Think without good working Pedals with trim, shooting the 30mm should be somehowe difficult.

Think your X-52 Collective Extension is also not currently anymore Aviable.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

He is using a custom made collective, the base is from Saitek throttle and rest from arm to head after custom. The head is a shelf keyboard for gamers, old one as well. But looks like he has made one hat in to it as well, likely moving a mini-stick location in it.

The collective is fairly easy to make, hard part is really to do the throttle grip, but even that is simple to solve.

Thx Fri, somehowe had the mindset i have seen this Collective before as Aftersale part, but found his ED Post with the self made Cockpit so pretty nice done.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

@Razorback, Witch kind of Pedals did you use for Heli Sim?

Long Time ago had Saitek Pedals with removed Spring, currently use Crosswind Pedals, but they not realy suited for this kind.

Think without good working Pedals with trim, shooting the 30mm should be somehowe difficult.

I am not on Heli Sim. Only on DCS. My reference to the Robinson 22 was when I was flying with this little bird for real ! ;)

Before my VKB T.Rudder I used the Saitek Pedals too.

I read a lot of pedal comparisons and came to the conclusion that the VKB was the best suited for helicopter flight.

The look is also quite comparable.

Because I was 100% happy with my Gunfighter MkII I chose the VKB model. I'm very glad with it, a top purchase!

It is very precise, I found what I was looking for.

If you have to choose for best suited pedals for helicopters, take the VKB T-Rudder MkIV.

I am building a Mi-24P Simpit and I will adjust the pedals for It. I'll probably replace them with a longer model and I'll also attach a reproduction of the real pedals but that's another discussion or topic.

Finally, indeed, my X52 Collective extension was buy from a german customer long time ago and is not available anymore...

It's good to start but the system is not so precise and don't have any friction.

Edited by Razorback

Talking about youtube videos, anyone here know enough English and Czech ? To translate this mi24 gemstone?

Edited by Rover

Huey. Intel X5660 4,2ghz, 24gb ddr3, gtx 1060 6gb

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

Talking about youtube videos, anyone here know enough English and Czech ? To translate this mi24 gemstone?

OK well I found this far more interesting than my actual work so.... here you go! It's not quite as detailed as I thought it would be, but interesting nevertheless. It's quite similar to the Blackshark start up :-)

Historical Military Institute Prague

Mi-24D Helicopter Preparation

Part 1

External Inspection & Engine Test

00:24

Military attack helicopter Mi-24D is intended for filling the demanding assignments of contemporary battle.

In order for the helicopter to fulfill this role reliably and safely, it’s required that the helicopter crew with the cooperation of military engineers perform critical checks before each flight.

The crew commander directs the onboard technician to begin the engine tests.

1:02

The crew first checks the aircraft exterior. Checks are made to the fuselage surfaces, the wings, and weapon hardpoints.

Particular thought is brought to the main and rear rotors.

1:19

In a sequence they also check the undercarriage, tail beam, stabilizers and balancing rotor.

1:44

Completeness of signal lights.

1:52

Pressure of the air in the air system

2:05

All covers and containers must be removed from the fuselage and special equipment

2:21

The external check is performed in a precisely determined course

2:35

Helicopter hand over is confirmed with signatures in the preparations log book

2:56

Before stepping into the cabin, the pilot checks air intakes above the cabin do not contain any foreign objects

3:11

After seating the crew performs preparatory checking tasks, before starting the engines. This includes, for example setting the onboard clock, setting barometer values, and similar.

3:33

Centralized control levers are used to enable all required section switches on the right and left rear switch panels

3:49

Onboard battery test is performed, and as a burden the fuel pumps are switched on for the necessary fuel tanks. And a test is performed on each individual DC circuit. The voltage must measure 24 volts at minimum.

4:27

After the tests, the fuel pumps are turned off.

4:29

For the turbo-air running engine AI-9V, and for checking other systems, in normal situations ground external electricity is used. Connection of this resources is signaled by the illumination of the indicator panel

4:56

At this time, the correct seating position is adjusted, brake tests for the landing gear performed, and the motion of the heel and cyclic steering.

5:05

Before testing the fuel indicators it’s necessary to enable the changer PO-750. The fuel indicator shows the amount of fuel in the tanks helicopter.

5:20

Before further steps, it’s necessary to enable switches for the intercom SPU-8, and recording equipment SARPP-12

5:33

[The pilot/crew] Monitors that the temperature of the exhaust gases gauge is working (test), and indicator for engine vibration EV-500

5:58

The fire extinguisher system test is performed, and also switched on with the appropriate switches [panel indicator lights speak in Russian]

6:17

And further, switching on the fuel pumps, turning on the cut-off valves, and valves for the consumable fuel tanks.

6:35

Monitor the checks for heating the pitot tubes, and we finish the checks with equipment for vocal information RE-65

6:57

Equipment is checked with a preliminary visual check of all signal boards [panel indicator lights]

7:02

The most important indicator panels flash for enabled switches

7:21

Before the actual engine start, the throttle must be in the full left position, and the two engine brakes are laid down to idle

7:33

During engine start, it’s necessary to consider the speed and direction of the wind. If the wind is 10 metres per second or less, you can start the engines [when helicopter is facing] in any position relative to the wind direction.At up to 25 metres per second, it’s necessary to turn the helicopter into the direction of the wind.

In higher wind speeds, starting engines is forbidden.

8:10

On the mechanic’s signal the pilot turns on the engine AI-9V. Working activity is shown by the appropriate panel indicators.

8:40

Engine start up should be ceased using the button for engine AI-9V in the follow circumstances:

-if the temperature doesn’t change within 9 seconds of pressing the ignition button

-if the electrical voltage drops below 18 volts

-if the exhaust gases surpass 880 degrees celsius

-if the panel indicator“Speed AI-9V Normal” does not light up within 20 seconds of the pressing ignition button

-if the panel indicator“Automatic On” does not light up within 30 seconds of the pressing ignition button

-if the “Speed AI-9V High” has illuminated

-during any sort of abnormal running of the AI-9V engines or at the instruction of any observational staff

9:46

Once engines are running at full idle, the ground power is unplugged

10:00

Turboshaft engines TV-3-117 are started depending on the direction of the wind. The engine on the windy side is started up first.

10:13

At the signal of the mechanic, the pilot presses the ignition of the nominated engine, and the corresponding stopcock

10:27

During ignition, the pilot monitors the rotation of the main rotor, [on the RPM gauge] the running of the turbo compressor, and the temperature of the exhaust gasses. The change to engine idle is automatic.

10:48

The same procedure is performed for the 2nd engine ignition

11:02

The parameters of the driving cluster through the course must match those of the start up regime necessary to cease the running of the Engine TV-3-117 during the following circumstances:

-if the air intakes of the turbo compressor did not disengage during 66 +- 1% RPM

-if the “Automatic ON” indicator either doesn’t light up, or doesn’t stop being illuminated during 33 seconds

-if exhaust gases or RPM of turbo compressor exceeds temperatures for more than 3 seconds

-if the main rotator doesn’t reach more than or equal to 25%

-if there are any discrepancies in the values between the panel indicators and start-up regime

-or at the instruction of any observational staff

12:12

While the engines are warming up, check pressure of the main, standby, and auxiliary hydraulic systems

12:20

After the warm up of the individual aggregate groups, the pilot works with the onboard technician check of the regulators RPR-3-A

12:37

After one minute of engines being in idle the hand throttle is moved to the right to provide partial acceleration, testing the rate of acceleration that should last between 3 up to 6 seconds, and the RPM of the engines, and the temperature of the gas in front of the turbo must not exceed the documented values.

13:11

Testing of individual engines must be done prior to detachment of the helicopter. All values of RPM, pressure, and temperature must match those of the start up regime. After the testing is complete the engine levers are placed back to idle.

14:10

When setting the collective lever to 3 degrees, check that the rotation of the main rotor is adjustable between 91 +- 2 through to 97 +2 or -1 percent

14:43 When the main rotor reaches 95% RPM, turn on the generators, transformers and rectifiers, and turn off generator AI-9V and voltage switch PO-750.On the left side switch panel enable the switch for the radio navigation DIS-15, gyros 1 and 2. Turn on tape recorder MS-61, and device SRO on - engine AI-9V is switched off.

15:18

After checking appropriate function of radio devices, perform in conjunction with gyros, enable positional device PKP-72.

15:36

Upon enabling the switch for the course system, plug in the autopilot channels. After 3 minutes perform an agreement test of the course system, and enable the direction channel of the autopilot.

16:09

Prior to flight, communication radios are checked to ensure military station[channels] are functional UKV station 860. Radio compass and RK-15. And navigation device DIS-15 with cartographic indicator.

17:03

Further perform activities on the climatization system

17:25

Check of anti freeze devices - the values of each section must correspond to documented values.

18:07

Check of the water spray and windscreen wipers

Conclusion

Performing the required checks and procedures is the most important part for successful fulfillment of the next duties of the helicopter Mi-24D in flight, and this is the key for flawless functionality of this modern armament of the Czechoslovakian People’s Army.

Edited by TomOnSteam
  • Thanks 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

One good news is that, now the P-47 is out, the next module to be released should be the Hind if they stick to their plans !!

Can't wait a new helo comes out, the current graphical level is astonishing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

One good news is that, now the P-47 is out, the next module to be released should be the Hind if they stick to their plans !!

Yep, that would be great! However, about the new gorgeous exterior and cockpit model/shading level, which IMO started with Mig-21, continued by Hornet and so on... the impact in performance (FPS) has been huge :[.

I fear to "be pushed" to buy a new computer just to enjoy the Mi-24... as now, I am already not able to fly Mig-21 anymore due to quite a big performance drop after 2.5.6 :cry:.

:thumbup: I came to the exact same conclusion as you !

Now, it's MI-24 TIME ! :D:D hopefully...

Fingers crossed!:thumbup::smilewink:

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5Mt7GsFgweKMpzL80wpuVRasDLFJSJqikQqnQBL-MhbnJKWb1_w&s

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]