Sling Loaded Crates Incredibly Fragile, they crash lowering > 2 meters per MINUTE

You guys fixed the rope breaking problem, the ropes are great now, but attention now needs to be making the crates 5x stronger than they are.

Right now, if you lower the metal container like crate (small one is the model I use) more than 2 of the mini bars on the vertical speed indicator in the Huey they crash and explode.

Its VERY VERY hard to slingload at this point because of this, kind of ruined my ground CTLD game of my server atm (Real slingloading is much more fun than virtual, which I refused to use because it ruins the fun factor imo).

All they need is a hitpoint buff or something (maybe physics is out of wack on the whole game atm - have other conclusions on this later, like removing wind on the server increased the FPS quit a bit helping the stutter bug that is existant atm).

Let me know if you want me to try anything, I am constantly testing this game anyway, free dependable QA dept here :-P

Edited by Drexx

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

I've noticed the same "egg shell crate" problem across other servers (when they allow sling loading). It does not seem to be limited to he Huey.

Also, once the crate starts swinging -- even 30 min after continuous forward, stable flight -- it will not stop. You must manually correct the crate. This often ends in VRS or the load damaging the helicopter.

fellas sling loading is pretty screwed since 1.5.7

1.5.6 was great could do sling like a boss, 1.5.7 has broken pretty much everything to do with sling loads,

such sadness , much bugs .... wow

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team
This is still a big problem, please acknowledge me on it at least? I hear about 20 complaints daily on my server, I send you one every 2-3 weeks on it

It is well known that sling loads have issues currently in MP, some new code will be merged in the future, but currently it is not possible as it relies on other code not available yet in public builds.

I do not have a time frame for this, we will all have to be patient.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
ok thanks newy for the info, all I'm looking for :-P I get a bit passionate for this game at times.

We are all passionate dont worry, we care about out beloved Sim :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2