DCS 1.5.7.9891 Update 3 - Su-33

Raven (Elysian Angel)

Hey,

The control light for the air brake being deployed seems to be missing in the latest update:

Q9bamEH.jpg

S04YztR.jpg

Cheers,

|DB| Raven

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

There is also something fishy going on with the physics when on the carrier deck:

If you look through the HUD, you can see the aircraft's nose going up and down in relation to the flight deck, as if the waves control the aircraft directly but not the carrier itself.

I'm not a physics professor, but to me it seems the aircraft should be steady in relation to the deck, while the carrier deck goes up and down in relation to the ocean.

In external view you can see the nose gear compressing and de-pressing, even with the engines turned off. Is that due to the old Kuznetsov model still being used in 1.5.7 ?

Edited by Elysian Angel
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

That's right, on the real Su-33 it also does not burn.

Oh thanks for the reply. I didn't know that. :thumbup:

Spoiler

The control light for the air brake being deployed seems to be missing in the latest update:
It seems (in the video) you've installed my EN cockpit mod. You also checked that bug with original textures, right?

...the aircraft's nose going up and down...
The aircraft is just breathing man. :D

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Good find, Esac, but in that video the sea is a lot rougher. I wouldn't have called it "fishy physics" if that was recorded in 2.1 on rough seas with the deck itself moving as well. In that short clip I recorded you can see the carrier itself is not pitching up and down: look a the end of the ski ramp and compare that to the horizon.

It seems (in the video) you've installed my EN cockpit mod. You also checked that bug with original textures, right?

I didn't, since in external view you can see the nose wheel compressing and relaxing at the same pace.

But indeed I am using your EN cockpit :thumbup:

Spoiler

I´m really not sure. i´m trying to find more videos.

But in DCS the deck is moving up and down always and maybe is a little overdone right now the Su-33 movement following the deck.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I'd suggest you do the deck landing instant action, land quickly, look at the carrier in external view and pay attention to the water line: it doesn't move at all.

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

Su 33 Deck ops

Hi guys!

Yesterday I reinstalled 1.5 and since than cannnot get enaugh speed to take off from carrier,was not thae case before,also looks like deck wheel ramps ,that should hold the aircraft intill in full buener are not working or missing??!!

Went through all HOTAS setusp,axis,all looks ok,then I figured out that evenby taking off from mid deck its hard to achive proper take off speed...

When I downloaded 2.0 open alpha somehow cann not get the files anymore from server...

Any ideas whats happening???

Thx

Hi guys!

Yesterday I reinstalled 1.5 and since than can not get enough speed to take off from carrier,was not the case before,also looks like deck wheel ramps ,that should hold the aircraft until in full burner are not working or missing??!!

Went through all HOTAS setusp,axis,all looks ok,then I figured out that evenby taking off from mid deck its hard to achive proper take off speed...

Any ideas whats happening???

Thx

The procedure for take off is different, previous patch version to dcs V1.57.10175 had faulty physics for takeoff, they were corrected with the latest version stated above.

Look here for solution, message #12 especially

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193864

Talking about Su-33 Sea dragon campaign:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193864

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193901

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.