Crash when loading Missions

wmar67

Since installing v2.1.1.9459 when I click on the Missions section, it sits on the loading screen and goes nowhere...I have to hard exit the game.

I have not selected an aircraft or a mission at this time - just selected the mission tab so I can have a look at the modules and the missions available.

So I can't get to any Missions for any modules.

Since installing v2.1.1.9459 when I click on the Missions section, it sits on the loading screen and goes nowhere...I have to hard exit the game.

I have not selected an aircraft or a mission at this time - just selected the mission tab so I can have a look at the modules and the missions available.

Same effect here.

Have same version installed.

Click on Mission -> Screen with HUD appears, then nothing happens anymore. :(

Edit: I attached my dcs.log, this is a clean log with only this single try to enter the mission selection dialog, but with no success.

dcs.zip

Edited by TOViper

my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Yx920L1ezoWQkYKCGYB9w
my computer: CSL | i7 6700 @ 4.4 GHz | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 40 GB 3000 MHz DDR4 | 256 SDD SYS + 500 SSD DCS + 1000 HDD | Win10 Pro
my controls: A-10 Warthog Stick + Throttle + TRP | Rift CV1 | VAICOMPro
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

Same here. Select missions and the little circle just spins and spins with the game locked up. :(

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass, Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero Z270, Intel Core I7 - 7700K, Gskill TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 3200, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB, Seagate BarraCuda 3TB, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair RM750X, Windows 10 Home, Asus ROG PG348Q 34” 3440 x 1440 100hz curved IPS G-Sync monitor, Saitek X52 Pro Hotas, TrackIR V5

The solution in this thread solved the problem: :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192190&page=2

• Like 2

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass, Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero Z270, Intel Core I7 - 7700K, Gskill TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 3200, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB, Seagate BarraCuda 3TB, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair RM750X, Windows 10 Home, Asus ROG PG348Q 34” 3440 x 1440 100hz curved IPS G-Sync monitor, Saitek X52 Pro Hotas, TrackIR V5

The solution in this thread solved the problem: :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192190&page=2

worked for me :thumbup:

thnx!!

my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Yx920L1ezoWQkYKCGYB9w
my computer: CSL | i7 6700 @ 4.4 GHz | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 40 GB 3000 MHz DDR4 | 256 SDD SYS + 500 SSD DCS + 1000 HDD | Win10 Pro
my controls: A-10 Warthog Stick + Throttle + TRP | Rift CV1 | VAICOMPro
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

• ED Team
Hello , can't fly in solo or MP ... try many repair , remove all mods skins ect ... repair again ...

DCS crash when loading mission .

Try the tips Settings .lu.old , Same ...

attach your log it will give us some clues

try rename your saved games dcs folder, dcs will make a new one when it restarts, check to see if it fixes the issue

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

attach your log it will give us some clues

try rename your saved games dcs folder, dcs will make a new when it restarts, check to see if it fixes the issue

DCS stuck at loading screen here also. *Latest version

Deleting the saved games folder was the only thing that got the game working again. I am happy about that but unhappy that I just spent the last 25 minutes redoing all of my settings and assignments. Also this problem seemed to develop after hours of trouble free flying including creating and flying many missions. I am worried this is going to happen again.

Almost the same problem as OP, except that I was getting the "eternal" loading screen even if I just selected Instant Action as well as the Mission tab and the Mission Editor. Also, if I selected the Quick mission I was shown the options box but there were NO aircraft in the aircrafts tab.

I tried all of the above fixes, including changing the settings.lua name and also installing the latest C++ runtime but neither of those things had an effect. Only deleting the saved games folder solved it.... for now!

Thanks and hoping for a solid fix! Cheers :)

Edited by erick

I7 4790k EVGA 1080ti FTW 16gb Corsair Dominator Acer Predator 2k 165hz Thrustmaster Pedals & Warthog TrackIr5

• ED Team

It is usually a left over unofficial mod not removed before updating DCS.

If not I will keep an eye out for it myself also.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@ BIGNEWY:

I never had any mods in my DCS and I had this problem after the last update. It was solved when I renamed the "settings.lua" in "C:\Users\[user name]\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\MissionEditor" to "settings.lua.old", as directed on the other thread.

I noticed that, right before this problem appeared, the "Missions" screen for the Huey was showing the 1.5 missions instead of the 2.0 missions. I did play DCS 1.5 right before and flew Huey missions. The next day, when I opened 2.0 and clicked "Missions", it froze indefinitely in the loading screen.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

EDIT: I don't know if this relates, but I have the habit of sometimes copy/paste the controls from 1.5 to 2.0 and vice versa, to avoid having to configure them repeatedly. I do that by copy/pasting the specific 'C:\Users\UserName\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\aircraft'

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

• 1 month later...

This issue still persists; has there been anything official in the works, rather than deleting the save folder?

(PS: not using any mods)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com