bk90 & hills

Vatikus

Did anyone successfully bomb targets which were on hill with bk90?

I've tried setting bk90 approach alt to 500m with high speed, but it did not help. Bombs were unable to climb.

Does that mean that bk90 can be only used if there is relative flat ground or ?

• Like 1

@LazyBoot, yes alt QFE was set correctly, and that impacts only release parameters

As one can see from the tacview.... 500agl was set for the bk90 ...

and you can also see that canister had enough of speed (~770CAS).. it seems that canister altradar is not looking ahead at all.

bk90.thumb.png.eddceb11608c1e6bf9d6e9c2021765a9.png

Edited by Vatikus
typos

I did some info searching, and if we look into the technical description of the bk 90 ( https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8bCDRcq9BVeUGxlNW5CaFhFQ2c ), it mentions that it uses Kalman filter, which in turn means that it can predict that it is flying up the slope so minimal steering would been required for corrections.

The DCS version thinks it should be flying over horizontaly flat terrain and the result is what I have showed in the screen capture above.

I am fairly certain that it is a bug.

@LazyBoot, yes alt QFE was set correctly, and that impacts only release parameters

As one can see from the tacview.... 500agl was set for the bk90 ...

and you can also see that canister had enough of speed (~770CAS).. it seems that canister altradar is not looking ahead at all.

Looking at the trayectory, it seems that bk90s bled all the energy when climbing the hill, actually the 077 from Tacview looks more like the heading than the speed (770 CAS is waaaaay too much, unless you released them at Mach 2 or something). In this particularly case, it doesn't look like a bug to me.

Regards

Looking at the trayectory, it seems that bk90s bled all the energy when climbing the hill, actually the 077 from Tacview looks more like the heading than the speed (770 CAS is waaaaay too much, unless you released them at Mach 2 or something). In this particularly case, it doesn't look like a bug to me.

Regards

Look at the instruments! It shows exactly and there is zero guessing in interpretation. But for you, I've uploaded now a complete screenshot to show you that I know to read and understand what km/h means :music_whistling:

bk90-1.thumb.png.fe122f3ecc1860055460a4c772a4c18b.png