SU-33D trap

DaveRindner

Got it. Like it. SU-33 flies better, handles on ground with mass and intetia. Wish more cockpit systems and procedures were life like. However carrier trap is neither harder nor easier. Well perhaps a little easier as nose authority is more smooth with 33D then with previous 33. As long as aircraft is at 260 - 290 KIAS (kph not knots) , flaps down, gear down, hook down, and AOA on ball, the aircraft almost lands itself. Trak attached. Still I am not sure how OLS meatball is used. I personally can't see it from SU-33 cockpit. Nor is there LSO for talkdown, waveoff or grade. New cable sim/animation is good touch.

SU33D_trap.trk

i generally land at 240-250 km speed and my nose raises absurdly to the air after catching wire for a second like a horse. what am i doing wrong? should i apply full power? but in this case i don't trust kuznetsov wire physics :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-4| Tornado| F-15E

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

Z390 / i7 9700K / RTX3070 / 32 GB Ram / 1.5 tb SSD and 1 tb HDD // MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Always apply full power just in case you miss the cables.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."