Odd question for any aerodynamics experts

Echo38

CD is the drag coefficient.

To recap what I said:

Find the structural limit of the plane, you can estimate from the never exceed speed. Convert this speed into true airspeed and plug into the formula for dynamic pressure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_pressure

That will be the limit that the aircraft can't exceed.

With the terminal velocity calculator and a chart for density at different altitudes, find the terminal velocity at a given altitude, then use this terminal velocity to compute a dynamic pressure. If this terminal dynamic pressure is greater than the never exceed speed dynamic pressure the plane can accelerate to dangerous speeds from gravity alone.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Structural damage, no suitable method of control, no way to control the plane when decelerating through Mach 1.

But to be cheeky, by inference, if heating doesn't occur, then friction can't exist, which means that none of the 4 fundamental forces exist and the universe will fall apart.

Structural damage, no suitable method of control, no way to control the plane when decelerating through Mach 1.

But to be cheeky, by inference, if heating doesn't occur, then friction can't exist, which means that none of the 4 fundamental forces exist and the universe will fall apart.

Well we could imagine that the aircraft is made of some super heat resistant material ;) Yay! Universe saved :D

Well we could imagine that the aircraft is made of some super heat resistant material ;) Yay! Universe saved :D

But then it wouldn't be a WWII fighter if it had ceramic composite skin and prop. I honestly can't imagine where this question originated from.

I think the point is to try to understand aerodynamics a little better. Overblown unrealistic scenarios for thought experiments tend to be very effective at exploring ideas as the conclusions tend to be quite clear if there is any.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron