You must buy an Oculus

spike2450

The other day I was flying about in the Mi-8. I live in AZ, so things are still a little warm here. ;) I actually reached with my hand to try and turn on the cockpit cooling fan that's in front of the pilot seat. Man, I had to chuckle on that one!

I usually keep my ceiling fan running when I fly VR. When I taxi with an open cockpit, it gives me a sense of the wind blowing through my locks... (well, years ago I had plenty of locks).

I just need to find a flying scarf... :thumbup:

I like the fan idea. I will have to employ that add on. Yep... I find myself reaching for many more things in the cockpit.

Happens a lot.

In other scenarios, I keep trying to lay my controllers on virtual tables.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having owned an Oculus and having sold it afterward, I strongly disagree. At this point in time, VR is a "proof of concept". The technology is not there to make it actually usable, especially in a flight sim.

It needs considerably higher resolution, considerably higher refresh rates, and both of these require considerably more GPU power. In five years? Yeah, VR will be pretty cool. Right now, it is a waste of money.

"But, they won't get off the ground if we don't buy all the half-baked tech NOW" No sympathy. That's their fault for jumping the shark before the tech was capable of actually doing the job properly. Also, VR as a concept isn't going anywhere. It's been experimented with since the 80's, and always failed for the same reasons, namely, lack of technology. If the current batch goes belly up (which they won't) there will be another attempt in 5-10 years when the tech is better able to support it.

VR is VERY close, and the tech to do it properly is also VERY close. These guys got in on it too early, and that's pretty much all there is to it.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Enjoying flight sims in VR in it's current state is hardly "fooling ourselves". Everyone agrees there are many deficiencies that really need to be improved in the next generation.

In the meantime, many of us are having a blast with these things! Those who are not, suit yourselves.

Just because we are having fun doesn't make us wrong. ;)

• Like 1

When I first got my Rift I tried to put my hand on the canopy to help me check my 6 and almost fell out of my chair. lol

It's so believable you forget sometimes.

:thumbup:

Been there and done that as well lol.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Enjoying flight sims in VR in it's current state is hardly "fooling ourselves". Everyone agrees there are many deficiencies that really need to be improved in the next generation.

In the meantime, many of us are having a blast with these things! Those who are not, suit yourselves.

Just because we are having fun doesn't make us wrong. ;)

Right on!

Certainly it is not for everyone, but for many ( I would say the majority) it very much is.

And my combat flight simming has increased by a huge amount, since getting my Rift on Jan 15th. Yes I very much look forward to the next generation in another year or two, but man oh man am I having some serious fun now. And I will be first in line when that next gen does come along as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Crap is getting deep in here. Where are my Virtual Waders...

I run a 65” 4k which is stunning. But I prefer the rift for flying.

You nay sayers can say what you want...those that enjoy flying in VR have their reasons of why they do. Repeating the difference over and over is not going to change anyones mind.

Do you really think that us who owns VR and fly with it, doesn't yet enjoy flying with it?

Even when it is just a small slice of the experience, capabilities and fun you get compared to the 2D, the VR does have its niche immersion feeling that is reason to own it.

No matter the state of the tech or the support of the sim its just the difference of feeling it and not.

When was the last time on a flat screen did you reach out to rest your hand on the canopy frame? I’ll hazard a guess at Never!

And you want to go and "rest your hand on the canopy frame"? Is that your "immersion" reasoning? As that is so gimmick feeling you get.

At least the best immersion you can get is that you have height and speed feeling when you example are landing with airplanes or when you are landing and hovering with helicopter.

The best VR experience you can get in DCS is simply KA-50 and its HMS. You get the reticle only on right eye and now it being off-center feels logical and nice. It is the best immersion you can get in any module, when you are flying and aiming your cannon at targets while you strafe past them or you funnel and you can just look at them so easily. It is as well easy and nice now to use it to seek targets with Skhval as it is so accurate and off-axis.

All the hype of the VR "Immersion" is currently so full of inferior features that you really need to enjoy from the niche features like "feeling to put hand on canopy".

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I'm having withdrawal symptoms from my rift, well simming in general actually, I lost my game room to the new baby in May. New house next week tho :) I agree that complex aircraft like the A10 are tricky to read the instruments. Rift is also very poorly implemented in the civvy sims like fsx p3d and trying to fly anything with complicated avionics sucks. although I cant wait to try xplane11. Rift is awesome for simple seat of the pants flying like the Huey, I never get nausea except that one time where I entered vortex ring state and dropped like a stone, my stomach fair lurched!

Congratulations on the birth of your child. It will change your life forever! I must admit that th closest I've been to getting airsickness in DCS was the second time I managed to get the Gazelle in the air and got into a pilot induced oscillation that went 90 degrees from side to side like a church bell.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

To use your words Fri13, this is supposed to be a game, and it's supposed to be fun. For me, it's more fun by orders of magnitude when I fly with Rift. It's just that simple. I can complain about the size of the HMD, the comfort, clarity, cords, resolution, (back to size of the HMD and repeat ad nauseum)

Or, I can have fun. I choose to have fun. And it's not a gimmick that you reach out for things. It just means you think you're sitting in a cockpit. So that too raises the fun factor.

I flew with 3 monitors, I tried it with 4K. There's no question it looks better. But it's just not that fun....it's actually pretty boring.

But again, if people think it's a toy, gimmick, just plain sucks. It's no skin off my back. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

To use your words Fri13, this is supposed to be a game, and it's supposed to be fun. For me, it's more fun by orders of magnitude when I fly with Rift. It's just that simple. I can complain about the size of the HMD, the comfort, clarity, cords, resolution, (back to size of the HMD and repeat ad nauseum)

Or, I can have fun. I choose to have fun. And it's not a gimmick that you reach out for things. It just means you think you're sitting in a cockpit. So that too raises the fun factor.

I flew with 3 monitors, I tried it with 4K. There's no question it looks better. But it's just not that fun....it's actually pretty boring.

But again, if people think it's a toy, gimmick, just plain sucks. It's no skin off my back. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.

No, when people here tout the Oculus v1 as the ultimate VR setup, and some poor lad decides to spend hundreds of dollars on a v1 kit only to be disappointed by the lack of features and low resolution and other disadvantages, it's skin off THEIR back, all for the sake of you making yourself feel better with using an inferior set of displays.

Everyone should wait until the technology matures before recommending purchase of extremely expensive equipment.

Of course VR has the potential for great things in DCS, but the disadvantages outweigh the positives, despite the current gimmicky "immersion" that people here keep touting. VR is immersive, no matter what game you're playing. Heck, a bathroom toilet could be modeled, and you literally crapped your pants because you thought you were sitting on a real toilet, and yet you would say "get the Oculus, because I literally crapped my pants on a virtual toilet! So immersive!" :doh:

Wait until v2!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried it with 4K. There's no question it looks better. But it's just not that fun....it's actually pretty boring.

I'm honestly surprised that it's boring to be able to read cockpit gauges and be able to spot targets. Why are you even playing DCS?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, when people here tout the Oculus v1 as the ultimate VR setup, and some poor lad decides to spend hundreds of dollars on a v1 kit only to be disappointed by the lack of features and low resolution and other disadvantages, it's skin off THEIR back, all for the sake of you making yourself feel better with using an inferior set of displays.

Everyone should wait until the technology matures before recommending purchase of extremely expensive equipment.

I'm honestly surprised that it's boring to be able to read cockpit gauges and be able to spot targets. Why are you even playing DCS?

This really is not fair.

I got my Rift on Jan 15th. I had initially planned to wait until the next generation of VR. The main motivating factor in my going ahead and ordering my Rift setup was the feedback I was reading on this particular forum. If not for that I may still not have a VR device.

Since getting my Rift setup and getting into the cockpit for the first time, I have been blown away by the experience. For me, the experience itself is so great and immersive I hardly even notice the shortcomings so much. And yes there are shortcomings in this generation of device, as anyone can see who has one or has tried one. Having the Rift has increased - and literally it has greatly increased by far - the time I spend in my combat flight sims.

The downside to current VR, is one has to try it - and ideally try it with their flight sim - to get any sort of idea of what it is like and how they are going to like it. This all comes down to personal perception as to how they end up enjoying the device.

For some, like me, it is absolutely incredible and I could not go back to gaming on a monitor. For others like yourself, the tech is just not there yet for it to be good enough for your tastes.

No right or wrong here, just personal tastes. For me I when I got the Rift, I was prepared based on all the reading up I had done, and knew I was kind of rolling the dice. Luckily for me, it was a very wise decision on my part for I am enjoying flying these things far more now than I ever have.

I would encourage anyone considering getting into VR with this generation to do the same, read up all they can and make as good an educated decision as they can on whether or not to give it a try, hoping for the best but prepared just in case...

Don B

Funny, in the rift I can lean forward or zoom and read the gauges just fine. Why cant you? Maybe its my system.

Even on the flat screen I do the same with TIR because my eye sight isnt what it used to be.

Seems there are differences in what we use this software for. There are games and there are simulations. For me this is not one of those silly games. I use DCS as a simulation. Over my 20+ years of Flight Sims, This is by far the the most immersive. Sure you can become immersed in DCS for various reasons but VR adds another level.

BTW. You dont have to tell me about the KA50, I am quite proficient with it and have flown it to the point of exhaustion. Yes quite immersive and even more so in the rift.

While some always have a glass half empty...others keep a glass half full. Therein lies the difference.

So we that enjoy VR accept and enjoy it for what is at this point. Its a choice... no need to beat the horse to death if you disagree.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

How do you zoom in on VR? Other than moving closer of course.

Assign VR zoom to a button on your stick or throttle.

Both VR Zoom and VR Re-center are in the UI layer in the controller set up menu. Click on the down arrow by the module listings and scroll all the way down to UI Layer.

Don B

Right on!

Certainly it is not for everyone, but for many ( I would say the majority) it very much is.

And my combat flight simming has increased by a huge amount, since getting my Rift on Jan 15th. Yes I very much look forward to the next generation in another year or two, but man oh man am I having some serious fun now. And I will be first in line when that next gen does come along as well.

<-This. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Funny, in the rift I can lean forward or zoom and read the gauges just fine. Why cant you? Maybe its my system.

Even on the flat screen I do the same with TIR because my eye sight isnt what it used to be.

Funny, as with 4K and TrackIR I never zoom (don't have it binded) as it is unrealistic, and because I don't need to. Spotting a C-130 from over 30km distance (in optimal situation and knowing exactly where to look and what to look) without zooming is huge immersion creator, that VR doesn't have. Being able to read every label (that is English) and use any button or switch without leaning forward or zooming is another huge immersion creator as you are strapped to the chair.

That ain't so with VR, instead constantly leaning forward and it breaks every time the immersion because you feel like you are half-blind or lost the eye glasses somewhere (that you don't even need).

That is the problem with the VR for everyone I know who has used it in DCS (dozens of people), they just don't see. Those who know layouts and things by their heart and doesn't need to read anything, they feel it is just fine as they just need to see the correct button, but even they have problems when it comes to busy layouts (like a Mig-21 circuit board) or when they need to start using specific modes (like Viggen weapon knob).

Seems there are differences in what we use this software for. There are games and there are simulations. For me this is not one of those silly games. I use DCS as a simulation. Over my 20+ years of Flight Sims, This is by far the the most immersive. Sure you can become immersed in DCS for various reasons but VR adds another level.

This is the thing that VR fanboys just doesn't get about people being realistic about VR usefulness. As it ain't just roses and babies, it has serious negative effects even for the immersion (read above as one example), just like it does have own immersion (speed, altitude, HUD, HMD etc)

BTW. You dont have to tell me about the KA50, I am quite proficient with it and have flown it to the point of exhaustion. Yes quite immersive and even more so in the rift.

While some always have a glass half empty...others keep a glass half full. Therein lies the difference.

Even glass with 50% fluid is 100% full. That is a fact.

But you didn't get the point.

That being, ONCE you are very familiar with the aircraft and very efficient so you don't need to read or search for anything, VR works fine. But when you are learning, you are training and you need to read and search for the buttons, switches, labels, settings etc, then it becomes a problem. And leaning forward in VR or using a VR zoom is a immersion breaker!

So we that enjoy VR accept and enjoy it for what is at this point. Its a choice... no need to beat the horse to death if you disagree.

Yes, I enjoy from it as what it is. But I am not a fanboy like many here are that are painting picture of VR being from totally another world that everyone should experience right now by investing a few grands for a setup to run it well enough (and even then be lucky if so happens).

Instead just take the facts as facts, a immersion of "sitting in the cockpit" is different when you put it to context "Sitting in the cockpit, not being able to read half of the texts or spot over half of the enemies in ground or sky".

Of course if that is to simulate the frustration that Americans had in their wars about identifying target visually first before firing at them.... Or not allowed to attack to other enemies than mission says without someone approving it in Washington. Then that frustration is great thing. BUt anyways of that you still enjoy to fly, to be there and do what you just can with all the artificial limitations that is holding you seriously back.

Wow, simply wow.

:pilotfly:

Don B

Funny, as with 4K and TrackIR I never zoom (don't have it binded) as it is unrealistic, and because I don't need to. Spotting a C-130 from over 30km distance (in optimal situation and knowing exactly where to look and what to look) without zooming is huge immersion creator, that VR doesn't have. Being able to read every label (that is English) and use any button or switch without leaning forward or zooming is another huge immersion creator as you are strapped to the chair.

That ain't so with VR, instead constantly leaning forward and it breaks every time the immersion because you feel like you are half-blind or lost the eye glasses somewhere (that you don't even need).

That is the problem with the VR for everyone I know who has used it in DCS (dozens of people), they just don't see. Those who know layouts and things by their heart and doesn't need to read anything, they feel it is just fine as they just need to see the correct button, but even they have problems when it comes to busy layouts (like a Mig-21 circuit board) or when they need to start using specific modes (like Viggen weapon knob).

This is the thing that VR fanboys just doesn't get about people being realistic about VR usefulness. As it ain't just roses and babies, it has serious negative effects even for the immersion (read above as one example), just like it does have own immersion (speed, altitude, HUD, HMD etc)

That being, ONCE you are very familiar with the aircraft and very efficient so you don't need to read or search for anything, VR works fine. But when you are learning, you are training and you need to read and search for the buttons, switches, labels, settings etc, then it becomes a problem. And leaning forward in VR or using a VR zoom is a immersion breaker!

Yes, I enjoy from it as what it is. But I am not a fanboy like many here are that are painting picture of VR being from totally another world that everyone should experience right now by investing a few grands for a setup to run it well enough (and even then be lucky if so happens).

Instead just take the facts as facts, a immersion of "sitting in the cockpit" is different when you put it to context "Sitting in the cockpit, not being able to read half of the texts or spot over half of the enemies in ground or sky".

Of course if that is to simulate the frustration that Americans had in their wars about identifying target visually first before firing at them.... Or not allowed to attack to other enemies than mission says without someone approving it in Washington. Then that frustration is great thing. BUt anyways of that you still enjoy to fly, to be there and do what you just can with all the artificial limitations that is holding you seriously back.

A few months back I was also very skeptical of VR. "Man, I gotta wait for the next generation, it isn't there..." But to be honest, I had NO exposure or experience with using VR. Never even put a headset on.... So I really had no baseline to measure, other than the reports I read via the "fanboys" and the non-believers (of the current iteration). I was part of the non-believers. "In a couple years, I'll pick one up, it should be good by then...." "But d*mn, what are these VR guys always talking about?? they sure seem to love it..."

I was to the point of planning to build 3x primary displays (using 1080p LCD TV's) along with my 4th which is 21.5" touchscreen. (See my sig for specs, Helios, TrackIR, etc).

It was on a whim that I pulled the trigger on the Rift. Noting the sale price, which included the touch controllers, it was a bit cheaper than what I paid for my GTX1080. So what the heck, I'll use this Rift for VR games, but I also wanted to try the flight sims. All I can say is that after jumping into my first DCS VR cockpit, it was an incredible experience.

Immersion?, indeed it is! It's not a passing fad, that I'll lose over time. I look forward to jumping in and flying VR whenever I can. I honestly feel like I'm flying, and I can only thank DCS for being an enabler for this incredible experience.

My TrackIR sits there, dormant. She served me well, I've no desire to fly 2D again. My only regret is that I wished I would've bought the Rift sooner! Like my TrackIR, the Rift will carry me through to the next iteration, no worries there. Until then, I'm enjoying the heck out of DCS in the VR world.

Had to chuckle at your quote "simulate the frustration that Americans had..." Nice!

Fri, got it, it ain't floating your boat like it is with the rest of us. Continue to enjoy your current sim way of flying. Live long and prosper! :thumbup:

-Jav

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

ROTFLAMO!!! I think we get where you are coming from now...

Case closed.

Because I have 3D spatial awareness. I can maneuver the A10 in relation to the SAM w/o ever losing where I am. I can fly the track and know where the runway is. I can terrain associate and fly the bird instead of burying my head in TAD/Maverick. Because i can feel how fast I'm going w/o my eyes being glued to the cockpit. Because I can fly closer in formation. Because I can refuel better because I have spatial and speed awareness. Because I can land my Huey better, and hover better, and fly 5 feet off the ground along the runway. Because I can perform CAS missions and know *exactly* where I am. And I can read HUD just fine. You make it sound like it's a muddled mess, which it's not. So I choose to do all of the above instead of having crystal clear 4K cockpit rendering.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Man...you went there huh? It sounds to me like you're the one frustrated, no? It's time to up the dosage dude. Of course VR has downsides. All people are saying is that the upside compensates for the negatives. You use to argue coherently, and germane to the discussion. But with the above post, you lost every ounce of credibility you had. I'll now have to see if there is a blacklist capability on DCS forum. Enjoy your arcade looking 4K and I'll enjoy my VR. What a tool.

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

ROTFLAMO!!! I think we get where you are coming from now...

Interesting interpretations of what others say which amounts to so much hyperbole.

Please tell where are the hyperboles? Fanboy is totally avoiding problems to spot targets and read cockpit labels and buttons _without zooming or leaning forward_ like you can do with 2D.

All talks about only immersion of "being there" (that I agree if you read) are so hyped over and over that it is like negating the problems.

Personally I had both same time, did you? We have those in flight club, with high end setups and we have more fliers (real than simmers) that share the experience I write (it ain't just my opinion) comparing it to trackIR setups they had years before DK2 for training.

What I write here is about how VR offers 30% good and 50% bad and rest is like so so.

As I have written, when the Rift CV2 and Vive 2.0 comes out, we are likely in far better situation where there is a good advancements for majority to buy them, and just save money and time for now (VR + PC).

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

Man...you went there huh? It sounds to me like you're the one frustrated, no? It's time to up the dosage dude. Of course VR has downsides. All people are saying is that the upside compensates for the negatives. You use to argue coherently, and germane to the discussion. But with the above post, you lost every ounce of credibility you had. I'll now have to see if there is a blacklist capability on DCS forum. Enjoy your arcade looking 4K and I'll enjoy my VR. What a tool.
Wow. Personal insults and then "we" as absolutely everyone else than me... And then again nice "upsides compensate for downsides" without any points that in a what way... What again, that you might get feeling to put your hand on virtual cockpit? That's it? Wow....

Yeah, the reason of that really is compensation for lack of quality to see around so well...

And arcade 4K? WOW!

4K displays is no where near human eye capabilities by DCS graphics and VR is even far from Full HD, closer to SD-HD range really than 4K!

So go on, just ignore.... It will bring You (or should I say you?) a bliss.

I don't care do people throw their money to trash bin or for food, but just telling people to get VR because this "immersion" is reckless and fanboyism, as the next versions are likely more closer what is required for a level of quality where immersion and performance gets over "good enough".

You just don't yet get it, VR is a future but only if we get content that can match the hardware limitations and allows creativity control content.

At the current level, it is so-so by capabilities and rare games offer great content for the total price and limitations. Hopefully in the near future changed and quickly.

And clearly you have never even heard about pilots being frustrated when their hands are forced by ROE made by someone who ain't even in the continent where the war happens.

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

Edited by Fri13

Because I have 3D spatial awareness. I can maneuver the A10 in relation to the SAM w/o ever losing where I am. I can fly the track and know where the runway is. I can terrain associate and fly the bird instead of burying my head in TAD/Maverick. Because i can feel how fast I'm going w/o my eyes being glued to the cockpit. Because I can fly closer in formation. Because I can refuel better because I have spatial and speed awareness. Because I can land my Huey better, and hover better, and fly 5 feet off the ground along the runway. Because I can perform CAS missions and know *exactly* where I am. And I can read HUD just fine. You make it sound like it's a muddled mess, which it's not. So I choose to do all of the above instead of having crystal clear 4K cockpit rendering.
Wow... You know exactly where you are in any weather or time, where everyone else is and you just see all just like that in your mind without any avionics....

VR truly is made you a super pilot....

Damn the airforces doesn't have pilots like you who doesn't need an WSO/RIO to share workload or who needs a better technology to give an edge.

--