SU-27/33 Jamming on HUD

Magic Zach

I have this here and not in the SU33 or SU27 section because I think this applies to both aircraft, and I don't want to have problems with putting the same post up twice.

The jamming is displayed differently on the HUD than in DCS. Is this a bug, or missing feature, or..?

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Su-27SM, where Radar is also Overlayed on the HUD,

Where as the Su-27 in DCS does NOT have that ability

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

As many have said, SU-27SM...completely different Radar, might have completely different hard and software attached to it, so no point comparing it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

I know this is an older thread. Just want to point out that this seems to be jamming. "АП" (active jamming) is displayed on the HUD. A1 would most probably be one of the jamming clearance modes. In the Su-27, anyway, there appear to be 2 such modes selected by switch on the basis of the type of jamming.

And, to the OP, there are any number of jamming and/or interferences not implemented in the sim. We operate with a very clean radar in the sim.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.