Tutorial?

Coxy_99

Obviously landing the SFM was easy everytime no problem whatever, However whatever speed angle height, Auto throttle, The hook will not catch, Ive read somewhere you need to lower gear before the hook due to hydraulics, Speed is anywhere between 300 and 250 full loadout, Half fuel etc etc, Am i missing something other than landing it? Im stumped :huh:

Obviously landing the SFM was easy everytime no problem whatever, However whatever speed angle height, Auto throttle, The hook will not catch, Ive read somewhere you need to lower gear before the hook due to hydraulics, Speed is anywhere between 300 and 250 full loadout, Half fuel etc etc, Am i missing something other than landing it? Im stumped :huh:

What you're missing is that your AoA for landing is 10° with gear and flaps extended. Hold your AoA during the sequence at 10° and control your descent rate with throttle adjustments. Those will give you the right airspeed and AoA for catching the wire regardless of your weight. Just follow the director circle to the deck.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

...I have not flown for a long time that dont help.

It's amazing how quickly the rust forms, isn't it? That's how you know this is a good flight simulation. BTW, when that green circle on the indexer is lit, you have the right AoA and airspeed. It doesn't mean that you're on the glide slope. You could be flying straight and level but your airspeed and AoA are correct.

Edited by Ironhand
correct spelling error

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.