Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - Nevada - Round 1

Ciribob

Auto countermeasures are one significant reason, I’d say. I appreciate the pure 80s feel of the scenario, so it’s possible the Harrier in the form we’re getting it isn’t a great fit, but I’d trade mavs on the A-10 for the LGBs on the F-5. Don’t get me wrong, I love the GBUs, but they aren’t era correct and right now, it’s more efficient for a flight of F-5s to work a FARP with a JTAC than for the A-10s to love the mud.

That said, I love the NTTR version of BF. Even if it doesn’t change it’s still my favorite server, by far

I don't have the a10a so I can't find out for myself, but assuming you have no fancy pod and just the seeker head view on the mavs, I'd be up for giving the viggen and the a10a the mavs.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The server had a lot of lag problem, impossible to fight, planes warping all time, also when the players ping is very good (55 ~ 90) (except 2 players with +250 ping)

Unfortunately U.S. players get high ping due to lack of proximity to the server. I consistently sit above 120 and I have ridiculously fast internet. I wish there was a way to fix this, but I haven't seen a working fix yet. As far as warping goes, i only notice this when the player count is pretty high, if its 10 v 10 or under, I haven't seen an issue other then the lag from an un-spawned aircraft coming in.

Unfortunately U.S. players get high ping due to lack of proximity to the server. I consistently sit above 120 and I have ridiculously fast internet. I wish there was a way to fix this, but I haven't seen a working fix yet. As far as warping goes, i only notice this when the player count is pretty high, if its 10 v 10 or under, I haven't seen an issue other then the lag from an un-spawned aircraft coming in.

I'd kill for a 120ms ping. There are other issues, ping isn't the only issue, I think the server load and netcode plays a greater role in the warping.

I'd kill for a 120ms ping. There are other issues, ping isn't the only issue, I think the server load and netcode plays a greater role in the warping.

Agree, I think that yesterday server problem hadn't related by players ping. I flew near my wingman (excellent ping for us) but warping too a lot. Maybe from mission script? Changed something?

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

I would appreciate different daytimes at each restart, e.g. one session starts at sunrise and annother ends at sunset (or even later).

Plus one on this. I forgot how much I liked the sunrise and sunset. I don't think nighttime would work with these planes. Does the su25 have night capabilities?

AZ

I don't think you can force only 2 mavs per plane. If you allow mavs at all people can load them onto all the available hardpoints.

The A-10 has different launch rails for single Mavs vs triple. If you can restrict to the single rail than you can restrict the plane to 2 Mavs. Not sure how to do it to the Viggen, but then again the Su-25 is more of the counter to the A-10, and that has "guided" missiles

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

Away in Japan, think I managed to restart from my phone... We'll see. Enjoy :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

If there's a discord then there need to be separate blue and red channels that are locked to the other side. Would be good for coordinating attacks, times to get on, and would keep a lot of that cross-contamination spam down.

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

If there's a discord then there need to be separate blue and red channels that are locked to the other side. Would be good for coordinating attacks, times to get on, and would keep a lot of that cross-contamination spam down.

Isn't that what SRS is for? It provides it already.

Isn't that what SRS is for? It provides it already.

Well its useful for messaging people and seeing when they'll get on, posting attack plans, etc. I wouldn't use it for speech communications, but text.

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Update

Removed all Radar units from the map to see if that helps with Lag - switched to Closed ZU emplacement temporarily

Xcom has already added static units so spawn lag should be reduced or gone completely

Minor fix to bases with watch towers - all in one group so they dont repair individually... (oops!)

Updated server

Please stress test - need to see what happens above 20 players again with these changes :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord