[Bug] Su-33 unlimited refueling.

dudeman17

After a stop at the tanker with a wingman, my su33 will continue to be refueled indefinitely.

Upon the release of the SU-33 into the stable release of DCS, I tried it out. I made a mission for me and a friend to take off from a carrier then hit the tanker then RTB. All is good however when we got to the tanker I begin transfer first. Then my wingman hooks up on the other wing. After my transfer is completed despite the disconnect my plane continues to be fueled. This has happened every time I go to the tanker, so it is repeatable.

Steps to reproduce.

1: Get a wingman,

2: Go to the tanker,

3: Get fuel simultaneously,

4: The first plane finished will continue to be fueled even after shutdown of aircraft or hours of flight.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

I had this happen too but dont recall the exact conditions. this reminds me of when the f15 flight model first came out. contact with the tanker for even half a second meant infinite fuel. ah.... good times... strange to see repeat of it though

Edited by tekrc

I actually did not experience this under these exact circumstances.

Some friends and I launched from the Kuznetsov, then flew to meet an IL-78 in the air. I contacted the tanker, then plugged in.

My wingman then plugged in. At transfer complete, I disconnected. My wingman also disconnected after the transfer was complete.

Neither of us had infinite fuel moving forward (in fact, I ran out of gas on the taxiway heading back to parking... :music_whistling: )

• 4 years later...
On 2/5/2022 at 12:45 AM, Flappie said:

Please attach a track showing the issue.

Hi,

here I created a simple demo - getting to tanker, asked wingman to refuel, started re-fueling, waited for wingman to start re-fueling, unplugged and I could fly to the space with the ever-increasing fuel level and afterburner on. It continued even after the wingman finished the re-fueling and stopped at maximum level.

demo.trk

• 2 months later...

Hi,

is there any update? I'm checking every changelog for openbeta and haven't seen anything relevant. So just tried it in game and it's still not resolved.

Out of topic: Do you know why sometimes the speed of the tanker in the Su-33 A/A mode is wrong? Like 50 km/h difference.

thx

1 hour ago, tommyq said:

Hi,

is there any update? I'm checking every changelog for openbeta and haven't seen anything relevant. So just tried it in game and it's still not resolved.

Hi. Nope, no news so far.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As far as I knew, the fix would have been in the next update. But if it's already in, that's OK. 😉

I propose you give it another go as soon as the next update comes in before we can call it "fixed".

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...