black shark 1 to 2

wolf_288

• 3 weeks later...

I have an identical issue. I bought the retail boxed version BS1 way back when it was sold on a DVD. BS1 is no longer installed on my machine. Some version of BS2 is installed and working under DCS World. Some time ago, I bought an BS2 upgrade through DCS and I have that key in my DCS profile. But, the upgrade process says I must reinstall BS1 on my PC. I am completely confused as to what I need to do and this has been going on for nearly 2 years.

Can I just buy a full version of BS2 and install it and be done with it?

Yes you can do it for sure. In my case I've awaited for some sale to buy a full version of BS2

Would I need to uninstall the existing version of BS2?

How does one uninstall a module from DCS World?

I have several campaigns installed. If I uninstall BS2 will this affect the installed modules?

there is a sale going on now.

I removed the Ka-50 folder from the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft". Next, I bought what I thought was a full working version of BS2 from the Eagle Dynamics website. However, after removing the folders, BS2 is not in the module manager. I still see the request to install BS1.

In my profile I have two serial numbers for BS2. Looks like I threw away 30+ dollars downloading a module that I already had and BS2 is nether installed and is still asking for BS1. WTF!

Any idea what the heck is happening???

• 2 weeks later...
My Problem.......

I got a new rig. Installed BS1 but for the life of me I cannot find my BS1 KEY......I do have the BS2 upgrade KEY. What now? Am I screwed?

Howzit

Don't think BS1 had a key if I remember correctly. Just install BS2 upgrade and activate.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Bs1 needs to be installed AND activated in order to activate the upgrade to BS2 IIRC

In order to obtain your key, go to the product page for BS1 here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/previous_versions/dcs_black_shark_english/

Once signed in, you should have an option to show serial number

Edited by 214th_bungle_uk

Bs1 needs to be installed AND activated in order to activate the upgrade to BS2 IIRC

In order to obtain your key, go to the product page for BS1 here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/previous_versions/dcs_black_shark_english/

Once signed in, you should have an option to show serial number

Thanx for the tip but it does not give me that option to show serial no

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I sent in a support ticket for clarification. Here's what they said...

:cry:This is very sad as I am a supporter of ED, Lock On, flanker etc and all for a long time now......hence original BS. It is a shame.

I really apreciate your effort Lixma......thanx mate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Hi

Just to be sure, where should I install this "Ka-50 Black Shark"?download from here:https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...shark_english/

Want to update to BS 2.

It is a standalone folder or within the DCS World folder.

Confusing.

Thanks

Edit: Solved.

Edited by weijas