Rudder assist

Lenux

I just purchased the rudder pedals MFG, i never used before pedals, so i have to learn how to use them, but i have a question, guys :

do i have to check or uncheck the option " rudder assist " ?

Same question goes for the Bf 109 and Mustang P51D

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I didn't when I bought mine. Dialed in some axis curvature, though, as full linear was too twitchy for me (especially in Spitfire).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

You didn't.... what?!

Didn't check or uncheck ?

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Leave not checked. With "rudder assist" checked the "AI autopilot" will control rudder for you - is for people without rudder pedal or twist stick... or skill. :)

Use the pedal that you bough for control the rudder yourself. ;)

The ("S") curve he say is for "damper" the pedal input around center position (don't confuse with deadzone, that is no input), check in "Axis tune".

Edited by Sokol1_br

You didn't.... what?!

Didn't check or uncheck ?

Didn't check and I wouldn't recommend doing it either. Getting used to pedals is not easy and takes a few days anyway, but turning artificial assist on top of it will teach you some bad habits and later, after turning it off, you'll have to start re-learning correct inputs all over again.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thank you very much

One more question, please : do you use often the pedals for the jets ? Except for the take off, landing.

I mean only for dogfighting

I don't do dogfighting in the jets, so can't comment :D. I know, however, that depending on jet type, some folks use rudder to increase roll rate.

I have decided (at the end) to take "rudder assist" and make it 10%;

indeed, I can manage to take off without assist but never it is a price winner: with this assist, everything works fine (lol).

In the meantime, I use now 3% assist: take off (mostly) like a charm; landings also pretty well: who knows: maybe I can manage 0% in the future......?

Still improving: now (10-19-2017): rudder assist at 2% and doing well.

Edited by wavn

Best regards, Willem