DCS 1.5.7.10175 Update 3 VR bug on UI

bart

After adjusting control bindings and user curves on the M2000C controls tab in Settings and selecting exit I get no further game UI, just a view of the inside of the hangar.

I have to then go to the task manager to close DCS. Also any changes I made were not saved when I checked following a DCS restart.

This issue may be apparent if changing the control bindings on other modules, I haven't yet tested this. It just happened to me as I was adjusting the M2000C Axis Control Bindings.

This is in VR (Oculus).

UPDATE.

Just tried it again and this only happens if I try to adjust an Axis Command, in this case the "Thrust" (throttle). I was trying to set up a user curve. The Axis Tune window opens, but upon closing it I get the blank screen, even if no changes were made. Just the inside of the hangar is visible.

UPDATE 2

Thought I would try and make the changes to the M2000C in 2.1.1 and copy my config>input folder from the saved games folder over to 1.5.7 as a work around but I had this exact same issue in my 2.1.1 Alpha install too so it seems as if it's on all versions.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Your install may have picked up a corruption, first, try a repair. If that doesn't solve the problem, rename your saved games folder, and a new one will be created. Then copy stuff back a little at a time until you track down the culprit.

You may be able to just re-create the M2000C inputs anew, and save some time of course.

Your install may have picked up a corruption, first, try a repair. If that doesn't solve the problem, rename your saved games folder, and a new one will be created. Then copy stuff back a little at a time until you track down the culprit.

You may be able to just re-create the M2000C inputs anew, and save some time of course.

Just been trying various things with this. I tried to delete the whole Config file in Saved Games and allowed DCS to create another. I set up my control bindings for the Spitfire no problem, but when it came to the M2000C specifically trying to enter a user curve for the throttle in Axis Commands the same issue happened.

So I came out of VR and tried it again on my screen, this time the screen just went black (in VR I can still see the inside of the hangar.

So this isn't VR specific, and seems to be tied to the M2000C axis control settings options, at least for me anyway.

Worth a shot though. I will keep digging to see if I can find out anything else and post here as an update if I do.

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Well, I just tried deleting the whole saved games folder, and restarted DCS and allowed it to create another one. Started from scratch on my control bindings again (what a bind!)

So far so good, looks like you may have been right Neil. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction. thumbup.gif