KOREA! 1952 (MiG vs Sabre PvP Server)

SeaQuark

Rob is correct. This is a non-factor.

These jets burn through fuel like crazy compared to props, especially down low. It's very common even for MiGs who take full fuel and drop-tanks to find themselves running on fumes after they get bounced unexpectedly. Personally I am always finding I want more fuel, not less of it. Taking less would only be a disadvantage.

Edited by SeaQuark

Myself and JG-1_Klaiber had a great sortie last night as we're starting to get back into the MiG-15bis and learning how to employ her in combat.

Survival is the number one priority:

All, We are looking for more Mig pilots, if you're/will be flying in the server please join discord to coordinate flight times. Thanks

We'll have to try and group up as JG-1 is working on a more consistent schedule. However, with the holidays coming up, it's hit and miss right now.

Edited by Britchot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

I believe it stays on the stable version.
If you join please post on discord to schedule a flight, we are trying to start towards 4/5 PM EST during weekends, if SeaQuark doesn't schedule an official event.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I was in the server earlier and had a problem some 51s. One was doing aerobatics over the field with his smoke on. Didn't really mind until he decided to buzz me very close when I was starting up and taxiing out. Others had crashed in several places and there was wreckage on the taxiway and runway. They weren't talking to the tower and were taking off from midfield. Almost collided with one taking off. Did a quick a2g flight and logged.

I was in the server earlier and had a problem some 51s. One was doing aerobatics over the field with his smoke on. Didn't really mind until he decided to buzz me very close when I was starting up and taxiing out. Others had crashed in several places and there was wreckage on the taxiway and runway. They weren't talking to the tower and were taking off from midfield. Almost collided with one taking off. Did a quick a2g flight and logged.

Just leav Korea! 1952 Servr.... P-51l was flying with two red smoke trails...is this carnival or realistic server? Was going to fly f87 but he keep buzing airfield gudata.... i was on ramp in f86 and exited...

If you see someone exhibiting objectionable behavior, see if you can note their screenname, then Private Message it to me, please. I will send notice of Court Martial Investigations to problem players-- typically I have only had to do that for instances of Team-Killing, but if buzzing / screwing around at the field gets extreme, I am happy to tell someone to knock it off.

All players are expected to read the briefing, obey Tower instructions, and to listen for emergency traffic calls on SimpleRadio when approaching or departing the airfield.

Note that if you have a troublemaker's plane ID number or callsign (numbers on side of plane, or what is called out by the Tower) you can easily lookup their screenname on the scorecard in-game.

7c0nQMo.png

We had just passed beacon 307, heading home to K-13, probably around the Haeju area, when we got a call on the Guard from Eagle flight of the 71st. Wanted to know if that was one of us, at their low 6. At that time lead & I were in a slight spread, and likely could not have been mistaken for a single, so immediately knew that something was up.

When you get a call like that, it's not time to start guessing out loud. We took stock of the situation. I checked 3 o'clock high, and there they were, a 3-ship contrailing, heading opposite direction of us, but with a tail, below and about a mile or two back. No other flights out of K-13 were scheduled at the time.

My flight leader "Invisibull" did not have sight of the bogey, so instructed me to take lead and turn into him. As we made the turn I switched to the Guard and radioed to Eagle that it was almost certainly a bandit behind them. As we arrived on their heading, we watched as all of Eagle flight rolled over and dove on the bandit, who immediately tried to escape low, and the whole lot "funneled" towards the deck into a single line.

Invisibull-- flying wing for a change and enjoying the show-- finally had an opportunity to use that Brownie he always brings with him into the cockpit, and snapped the enclosed photo.

There wasn't any more chatter on the radio after that-- no need. And no need to jump in and muck up a perfectly good set-up for Eagle. We left them to the hunt, and turned back for home with ample fuel.

Mig activity has tapered off somewhat this past week. There are still a few out there who consistently give us trouble, but more often than not, they seem to be flying alone, uncoordinated. It's rare to see even a solid 2-ship of Migs out there flying anything close to a decent formation. Lack of leadership? Poor training? Some speculate that the "honchos" have rotated back to you-know-where, and the locals haven't quite got the hang of things. But unknown as of yet whether the situation will stay that way.

That was a good example of inter-squadron cooperation. We did get him down in the valleys below, running for help. I got in a good burst and started him smoking and Banacles finished him off. Pilot was seen to eject at low altitude. He probably is still walking back to base.

Thanks for the assist 39th!

S!

SeqQuark comment:

[/i]Perhaps because you insult Russia and Russians flying Mig15. Please apologize on this Server to Russians for your negative comments about Russians! Good people, brave people, fly Mig15 on your Server but no more. Your arrogance and comments are insulting.

(sigh) I had thought it was clear that I was having a bit of fun, writing "in character" as a 50s Sabre pilot. It's worth noting that the piece of history I was attempting to reference was actually specifically about how *good* Americans thought the Russian pilots were-- when there were lulls in MiG numbers or aggressiveness, American pilots speculated that Russian pilots (who were fighting there in secret) had rotated away from the front, and the pilots who remained did not have the benefit of their training & combat experience.

At any rate, I see now that there is potential for that to be taken the wrong way, so I will refrain from such "role-playing" or "historical reenactment" posts on this forum, and keep that to Discord in the future. Red & Blue players alike there like to have a bit of fun in that way.

I will note that I have made an open challenge to all Red players to form their own dedicated MiG-15 squadrons, and I would love nothing more than to bring together squadrons from other countries, in the spirit of friendly international competition & historical appreciation. I have went through great effort to try and make the server multi-lingual friendly, and would never even dream of insulting players because of their nationality. So, rest assured, no apology from me will be necessary. You have misunderstood me.

Edited by SeaQuark
  • Like 1

FYI all, the server has been updated to 1.5.8 stable.

There are some strange stutter bugs in the new version-- for some reason, putting a password on the server seems to fix them (???).

So, temporarily, please use the password "korea" to get onto the server.

Edited by SeaQuark

SeaQuark,

I just wanted to drop by and say that as one of those lonely Mig-15 pilots I enjoy the server and I was fairly impressed by the effort you put into creating an immersive environment. In particular, I like shooting down mockup bombers. I just wish those were real with working gunners.

SeaQuark,

I just wanted to drop by and say that as one of those lonely Mig-15 pilots I enjoy the server and I was fairly impressed by the effort you put into creating an immersive environment. In particular, I like shooting down mockup bombers. I just wish those were real with working gunners.

Thank you!

I wish the same. Maybe someday, some DCS dev will see fit to bless us with a proper B-29 AI.

Isn't there a B-29 AI in the WWII asset pack ?

Nope. It should more properly be called a Normandy Assets Pack. (And come for free with Normandy, just as the other assets are free with the built-in terrain. I'm surprised they haven't tried to sell us fuel and ammo yet.)

In fact, there is currently only one aircraft in it. The B-17G.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/other/wwii_assets_pack/

Nope. It should more properly be called a Normandy Assets Pack. (And come for free with Normandy, just as the other assets are free with the built-in terrain. I'm surprised they haven't tried to sell us fuel and ammo yet.)

In fact, there is currently only one aircraft in it. The B-17G.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/other/wwii_assets_pack/

lol someone is salty much :music_whistling:

Yeah, that was the aircraft I was referring to

not right one, I guess

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

HEALTH & SAFETY PSA

There have been reports of pilots, possibly drunk, wandering onto the runway. Please keep away from the runway at all times.

4jLVaiU.jpg

Further, there have been reports of pilots levitating above the runway. Under no circumstance is it permitted to levitate above or around the airfield.

Zpvci9q.jpg

I hadn't flown for some time so I got on the server couple of days ago.

Nice touch seeing the F10 options in russian, tho I don't know if it was because people don't call the tower, but Tower was giving clearances and people were on the runway taking off and landing

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Ever wanted to fight over Korea with 30 -40 aircraft, showup @ 7pm pacific. You wont regret it!

will check it out.. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control