KOREA! 1952 (MiG vs Sabre PvP Server)

SeaQuark

image.thumb.jpeg.aba69e11b9e5c5199ec0fb96aaf94082.jpegFelt awesome to get back in the saddle on Korea server!!! Missed it very much as I removed by 1.5 many weeks ago. Can't wait for some more great sorties with the Korea war jet junkies!

Also has anyone recorded a mig kill with the p51 yet? Still trying to fulfill that goal too lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Now I don't understand: will I be able to join if I have 2.5 open beta installed?

Another question: I joined the server, and there was a MIG flying somewhere. I switched on my squadron's channel (5 for Wolf IIRC), and waited for directions, but I couldn't hear anything. How does the early warning system work?

Now I don't understand: will I be able to join if I have 2.5 open beta installed?

Here's the low-down on DCS versions:

DCS World (stable) <---- for all intents and purposes, this is the game. play on this, have fun.

DCS World OpenBeta <----- install this if you want to help ED test new features and file bug reports, or if you really really can't wait to try out a new feature and are willing to deal with bugs to do so.

DCS World OpenAlpha <----- this is being "retired." we can destroy it, forget it, move on with our lives.

In general, this server will always be on the "stable" (non-Beta) release. I am making an exception for this week, because the brand new map/graphics are out and everybody's quite rightly excited to try it out. Once this new map/graphics (i.e. "2.5") are pushed to the stable release, I will of course return the server to the stable, as there will be no reason to stay on Beta and subject people to more bugs or reliability issues than is necessary.

What confuses people is that *sometimes* the Beta can communicate with the Stable release via Multiplayer and sometimes it can't, depending on the severity of the change. Again, this is a good reason to keep a multiplayer server on the Stable whenever possible. On this next update, whenever it comes, I'd imagine you might be able to connect to a stable server, you might not. The real question is: why would you want to regularly play on the Beta when you don't have to?

Another question: I joined the server, and there was a MIG flying somewhere. I switched on my squadron's channel (5 for Wolf IIRC), and waited for directions, but I couldn't hear anything. How does the early warning system work?

Correct, 5 is Wolf flight. Switch to your flight channel when airborne, and fly your mission. You will periodically receive Bullseye calls from EWR, but it is not a perfect system, it will only alert you occasionally, depending on the amount of enemy activity. Sometimes it may not alert you at all. Fly CAP at altitude near / around Bullseye. Keep up a thorough scan, and rely on your wingmen for mutual visual support.

Edited by SeaQuark

NEWS:

The "Maps" .PDF document has been updated. Old version had incorrect placement of Bullseye. Version 2 is available from the same download link:

KoreaMapsV2.pdf (35MB)

Additionally, it was brought to my attention that many of Blue's ground targets did not accurately match the MGRS grids called out by BOSTON. These have been corrected, and as of now, following the correct MGRS protocol (XX easting, YY northing) should now give you the correct location.

Right now this is the best perfomance server i have flown ever.

I have one question. Is it possible to add units like flak and AAA from assets pack? And how this affects users that don't own the module??

Sent from my iQE100 using Tapatalk

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Right now this is the best perfomance server i have flown ever.

I have one question. Is it possible to add units like flak and AAA from assets pack? And how this affects users that don't own the module??

Sent from my iQE100 using Tapatalk

Users not owning the assets will not be able to join the server.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be very helpful if ED could do something in the code to allow F86 and Mig owners to be able to join the server while it is using assets from whatever pack. This restriction is putting off a lot of potential Korea-era players, both those who already own one or both of the planes and those thinking about purchasing them. We should be using B17s in missions rather than C130s. Not to mention all the WW2 ground units that would be most suitable for the 1950's Korea conflict.

A B29 would be most welcome too of course. :)

Edited by JG3~Siggi

To be flying the Mig15 on the Korea 1952 server...

The DiD (Dead is Dead) concept.

At its conception in 1999 the typical mode of online play was basically 'team death match' or 'air quake' as we came to call it, where the pilots from both sides would take off and fly a short distance directly to the known area of combat.

While this was fun and honed the talents and abilities of the first online sim pilots, it soon became stale, offering as it did no greater 'purpose' than triumphing in one-to-one combats.

It was while reflecting upon this lack of purpose I formulated the DiD concept, which was to both foster a more realistic regard for ones virtual life and offer a framework within which it could matter.

The core principle is very simple, and now seems obvious; to reward pilots for their achievements within a realistic online environment and apply a realistic outcome to death or capture.

To whit, awards and recognition for successful sorties, displayed publically on a unit website, with the loss of all of them if captured or killed in combat.

From this followed the neccessary 'Pilot Persona System', where the player chooses a persona name under which he flies and gains his awards until/if captured or killed.

In its heyday this system was used with over 200 active members in an online war that ran missions daily for over a year with the original Ilyushin 2 and subsequent Forgotten Battles.

It's obviously not for everyone. While many pilots avoid air quake and seek greater immersion online by choosing to play on servers that offer a broadly realistic environment, some do not have the time and/or inclination to go the extra distance required for maintaining a persona.

But for those who do it's being offered here in the latest iteration of the DiD concept, with the 21st IAP.

If anyone is interested in this please let me know, it'll determine whether I go with a paid or free domain-host for the website I've made for the unit.

TIA.

:badmood:Was having great fun on the server just now, but a lightning storm created electricity issues. I feel sorry for the guy that followed me all the way to my targets and minutes before a good fight would take place, saw me disappearing from thin air...:badmood:

Was fun tho. may try later when the storm settles..

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Guys, I am still on DCS 1.5.8 until DCS 2.5 stable comes out. How goes the Korea! 1952 Server 'War' online? Been filling my time by learning to fly the Mig15 - should be an easy target for you guys!

I commend your patience!

The War goes well. Weekends are the busy time for the server. We had ~36 players on last Sunday. Not a bad turnout! It also looks like a new MiG-15 squadron has just been announced and is in the early stages of starting up.

It is my personal mission to keep this server available 24/7 indefinitely, so wait as long as you like for 2.5-- server will be here when you come looking for it.

• Like 1

I commend your patience!

The War goes well. Weekends are the busy time for the server. We had ~36 players on last Sunday. Not a bad turnout! It also looks like a new MiG-15 squadron has just been announced and is in the early stages of starting up.

It is my personal mission to keep this server available 24/7 indefinitely, so wait as long as you like for 2.5-- server will be here when you come looking for it.

A MiG-15 squadron you say....LOL

JK That is pretty cool actually. It would be kind of cool to create a Aggressor squadron for players based in the USA and we fly just the Soviet planes lol. The 15, 21, and the 29/27.

Edit: Just checked out the Mig-15 squad, that is really cool. I like how you can submit reports about sorties you've done on the server. Do you go back and check their claims against server reports? Can you even do that? .

Edited by Weedwacker

A MiG-15 squadron you say....LOL

JK That is pretty cool actually. It would be kind of cool to create a Aggressor squadron for players based in the USA and we fly just the Soviet planes lol. The 15, 21, and the 29/27.

Edit: Just checked out the Mig-15 squad, that is really cool. I like how you can submit reports about sorties you've done on the server. Do you go back and check their claims against server reports? Can you even do that? .

The 21st IAP is a DiD outfit and all kills must be confirmed by a live fellow pilot in order to go up on the board. And if you die (or are captured) your stats get zeroed and you have to start a new persona from scratch (rank, however, is not lost). It's for those who enjoy the added immersion of having something to both gain (awards etc) and lose (awards etc, lol). :)

The 21st IAP is a DiD outfit and all kills must be confirmed by a live fellow pilot in order to go up on the board. And if you die (or are captured) your stats get zeroed and you have to start a new persona from scratch (rank, however, is not lost). It's for those who enjoy the added immersion of having something to both gain (awards etc) and lose (awards etc, lol). :)

this is awesome news

Having both modules for quite some time but joined yesterday for the 1st time and i really enjoyed it..

Congatrs to the mission maker and i hope to see more missions of this kind in this server but also in other DCS servers too..

The Sabre and the 15Bis are both excellent modules but they are "forgotten" by the DCS community..which is us! :thumbup:

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~

I would love to fly my beloved MiG-15 in multiplayer with an organised and competent group but I don't think I would have the time for reports and so on

Any ideas for a slightly more casual group?

Dude, it's nothing more than a cut & paste of a few lines of text into your email program, append the relevant numbers to the ends of the lines and send. :)

http://21iap.net/combat%20claims.html

Hi guys, first time on this server now, what times (European or USA time) do most pilots fly? :) (I just bought MiG-15)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

NEWS, 3/1/18:

Bugged NDBs have been fixed, and MAPS .PDF has been updated to Version3.

Hi guys, first time on this server now, what times (European or USA time) do most pilots fly? :) (I just bought MiG-15)

~1900 Zulu seems to be the popular time for European MiG drivers, then during EST evenings it tends to be more blue-heavy. Trying my best to bring these two worlds together.

Stop by for the Sunday Showdowns for the biggest battles, those have good numbers on both sides. But a nice 2v2 to 4v4 fight can develop spontaneously more or less anytime during the week. My advice is to hop on with a buddy, fly CAP or A2G, practice your flying/teamwork. Before long other folks tend to show up.