KOREA! 1952 (MiG vs Sabre PvP Server)

SeaQuark

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Great server.. I am getting back to flying after a couple years of other games and I love the Korean era combat. Flew a couple of flights to get my gear setup and on one of them I got into a 5 minute fight with a Mig 15 and it was great fun.. I know it difficult to simulate Korea with the Crimea but it does work pretty well. One suggestion would be to use a terrain feature that's obvious for Bullseye or put some object there so those of us not fully up to speed on the game and find the focal point of the action easier.. Other than that great server..

Not flown this server for a while, but looked in last night (Friday) and saw lots of pilots flying. Great stuff!

I shall be flying this server from now on, starting regularly in a Friday night :)

I just love the Mig-15 and this Korea server is just the ticket! Thank you.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Last night there was 20+ people, which was awesome.... I've been wanting to fly my MiG since forever....

Hopefully more night like that one

We need more people on comms as well

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Last night there was 20+ people, which was awesome.... I've been wanting to fly my MiG since forever....

Hopefully more night like that one

We need more people on comms as well

I use TS3 but don't know of a good TS server for the Korea 52 map. I wont have anything to do with Discord, but what about DCS Voice Chat?

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

• 2 weeks later...

Seeding the server is a good way to get people on. Keep an eye on the server as well as the server's official Discord. Even simply just being in the Discord voice chat sections and hanging out will help get people on board.

Many times a simple familiarization flight on the server will start bringing in people once they see someone is on. Fortunately we have a MiG squadron (14AD; 14th Fighter Aviation Division) that has been occupying the server on a regular basis and that has helped bring the numbers up.

The 39th is still around with a few members hoping on every now and then; though you will find me flying with the 14th wearing the 39th tag. :music_whistling:

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

• 2 months later...

embarrassing question....

where do I find the server password? and or whats the discord channel?

this is only day two of my online flying

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

Check out the first post.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

No password is required as it is a public server. Info is on page one, post one of this thread. SRS server uses the same IP address as the server itself. We currently have two fairly active squadrons that are on Korea!, those being the 14AD (Red Air) and 366th (Blue Air). You will find some of us 39th guys on every so often. I myself will usually join which ever side is at a disadvantage numbers wise.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

DOH!! Couldn’t see for looking.....let’s say it’s my 3rd day reading.

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

• 3 weeks later...

How long will the Temporary Mission Place? I miss little bit the ATC..

Shame didnt fly for so long Time Korea Server, was hell of fun again...Keep it up :D

Little bit of advertising...Greetings MAD

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

How long will the Temporary Mission Place? I miss little bit the ATC..

Shame didnt fly for so long Time Korea Server, was hell of fun again...Keep it up :D

Little bit of advertising...Greetings MAD

The person working on our new mission is very talented, but doesn't have much time to commit to it. Progress may be slow, but it is being made.

Love the video! :thumbup:

Thought I would make a practice mission with a large formation of B-17's carpet bombing Maykop as a warm up to the next event, so that I can practice shooting them from my MiG. But I find that only the lead bomber in each group of three drops its bombs. The other 8 bombers just fly in formation without doing anything. Can anyone point me to a mission with proper carpet bombing to help me understand what is going wrong? Alternatively, are there instructions somewhere? I've done everything according to the example in the manual.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• 1 month later...

I love Korea servers. The MiG-15bis and F-86F Sabre are two of the best modules in DCS World. All of the fun of flying jets without AMRAAM and AIM-9L/Ms. My only problem is that the Korea servers are not as populated as even the Cold War server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I flew on this server all evening with a handful of great guys. Best time I have ever had with DCS multiplayer since the F-86F was originally released. I am getting very familiar with MiG-15bis handling. Unlike playing offline against AI, the F-86F and MiG-15bis are very well matched. The in-game flight performance seems close enough that pilot skill is far more important than the minor differences, which pretty much matches reality. I thoroughly enjoyed learning to fly the MiG-15bis against player controlled F-86Fs.

I was using a Rift S to fly online. I had been using VR offline and switching to the desktop monitor for online. After the experience I have had the past couple of weeks, I am reversing that. When I want to relax and enjoy great graphics without a bulky headset smothering me, the desktop/TrackIR is the way to go. I can sip on a drink, alt-tab to mess with anything I need to adjust, and just sit back and enjoy the 4K show. But in an aggressive dogfight with real people, VR gives me the ability to keep track of multiple aircraft because I can rapidly look around and maintain the complete picture without becoming disoriented.

The main problem with flying VR was visual spotting range, but something changed in one of the recent patches, so I am spotting aircraft at realistic long ranges. At range, aircraft are a blurry little blob of just a few pixels, but I can see that little blob especially if it is moving compared to the background. I do lose contacts in dark ground clutter like trees and water, but if the sun is positioned right, I can see an F-86 reflecting light even when it is otherwise masked by clutter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you are the only other player on the server and you keep strafing me before I can take off, then you become the only player on the server. WTF.

So you answered yourself - in order not to waste other simmers time you actually have to take-off, or learn the aircraft in SP first. I flew from Gudauta to Maykop staying lucy just to be spotted, watching my six constantly, only to see you shaving Balls or something on the apron after arriving at Maykop. Decide if you just want statistics or flying and contribute to the theatre. Looking forward to meeting you in the skies. WTF.

So you answered yourself - in order not to waste other simmers time you actually have to take-off, or learn the aircraft in SP first. I flew from Gudauta to Maykop staying lucy just to be spotted, watching my six constantly, only to see you shaving Balls or something on the apron after arriving at Maykop. Decide if you just want statistics or flying and contribute to the theatre. Looking forward to meeting you in the skies. WTF.

I have played DCS for many years. I can start up and take off as fast as anyone. I had been flying alone and ran low on fuel, so I returned to base to land and leave the server. Someone entered the server while I was flying home. I didn't have the fuel to stay and fight. Once I was on the ground, I was rearming and refueling with the intention to come back to dogfight. I was stuck on the apron for so long because you caught me rearming/refueling on the first pass, then I had to wait for the eternal repair cycle which also requires shutting down and restarting. Every time I was repaired and got my engine started, I got strafed again.

I was the only other person on that server at the time. It was great to have someone show up to fight. But it is a waste of my time to sit there repairing or respawning. If you expect me to stay on a server where I will be killed every time I repair a plane for 15 minutes or more, I won't be playing on that server at all. I come to fly, not be a static target on the runway while rearming/refueling... then while repairing/respawning.

I have had no problems flying with anyone else on that server on the rare times anyone has bothered to show up. I sport red paint, turn on my nav lights, contrail, announce my position and altitude via discord and/or chat, and wait for the inevitable stern attack. I don't even mind being outnumbered. I like being the underdog. I don't complain when I get shot down. As long as I get to a reasonable amount of ACM between shootdowns, I enjoy the overall experience. But I had done nothing wrong at all other than be stuck rearming and refueling when the only other person flying vulched me repeatedly. I could care less about my stats, but there was nothing fun about wasting time on an empty server and then being stuck on the ground soaking up bullets when someone else finally did show up.

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I finally logged on early enough to catch a decent crowd. When I joined as an F-86, it balanced the sides as 5 vs 5, which is by far the largest group I have flown with on this server. No one complained about my lack of skills/teamwork and I had a blast with so many on the radio and swirling all around me. I was flying with a Rift S, so visual identification was a bit challenging, but radio calls helped out quite a bit. I don't mind getting shot down at all when it is this much fun!

I love flying both the F-86 and MiG-15 and this is the place to do so with others that feel the same way. The problem is that if you are on the East Coast in the USA (I am in Orlando, FL), you have to log in sometime between 4 pm and 5 pm to catch the crowd. I don't usually get to sit down and play until sometime between 7 and 9 pm, long after everyone else in Europe has gone to bed. With a few exceptions, most people on my schedule are flying modern with a decent number also flying WW2, while I struggle to find Korea and Cold War fans.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]