Benchmark when 2.5 is stable ?

Shadow KT

When 2.5 comes out, when ever that is, and is stable, maybe put the effort to create an in-built benchmark.

You can't go wrong with an in-built benchmark.

Plus, this way you get free marketing.

A lot of tech channels on youtube/facebook do gaming benchmarks and you need games with in built such, so you can have a stable, repeatable platform for benchmarking. Believe it or not, there are not that many games, which feature this.

I am sure DCS 2.5 will look astonishing and would be up to the challenge of challenging the newest modern hardware.

Just an idea I am sharing

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

+1

°°°DCS Mach Loop°°°

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

+1 good idea, though with a complex sim like this it might be inconsistant

There used to be a benchmark mission for Arma 2, but it gave varying results on different runs (you had to average results of 3 runs to get anything meaningfull)

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

If this loop is done properly it may get picked up by some reviewers to stress hardware and so spread the word about DCS among readers and awaken some interest in trying it out...it still is for free ! There is more into it than just benchmarking one's own rig, it's a business card you hand out imho.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Definitely +1 for some kind of a benchmark.

Very often I read people stating "after this patch I have the feeling my performance got better/worse". But they rarely give details how they come to this conclusion, i.e. what kind of mission etc.

Personally, I have a few recorded tracks, which I replay after bigger updates of DCS, graphics drivers and such. I monitor the FPS with FRAPS during the replay which spits out an CSV file and can directly compare it to all earlier versions of the game. That helps me to see if the performance really was affected by an update and in which direction.

I know there are issues with the track replay. But for me it works fine - at least with my benchmarks tracks.

So in principle we already have some kind of benchmark system available :)

Would be even better if there were a DCS option to export the FPS to a CVS or Excel file.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

interesting Idea

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

If this loop is done properly it may get picked up by some reviewers to stress hardware and so spread the word about DCS among readers and awaken some interest in trying it out...it still is for free ! There is more into it than just benchmarking one's own rig, it's a business card you hand out imho.

What I said pretty much :thumbup:

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

True, with the new graphics engine and pbr lighting many people could be interested in using dcs as a bench, even more if we promote it in 3d and gaming dedicated forums...

Take a look at my MODS here

• 2 months later...

+1

Not only that DCS looks good but is different and power hungry usually thus possibly making easier to differentiate closed matched hardware. Plus free advertising...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least