[MOOSE] RAT - Random Air Traffic

but I would prefer to be able to use RAT since the manual way is useful for just a single flight.

Okay, the names "Rig1" and "Rig" are correct. But there is another little "issue". The minimum distance between valid departures and destinations is 5 km by default. The rigs are just 900 meters apart from each other. That's why the logic does not find a destination. But you can set the valid distance manually.

Try this code:

local uh1=RAT:New("RAT-uh1", "UH-1 Civil")
uh1:SetTakeoff("cold")
uh1:SetDeparture({"Rig1"}) 
uh1:SetDestination({"Rig2"}) 
[b]uh1:SetMinDistance(0.5)[/b]
uh1:Spawn(1)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Okay, the names "Rig1" and "Rig" are correct. But there is another little "issue". The minimum distance between valid departures and destinations is 5 km by default. The rigs are just 900 meters apart from each other. That's why the logic does not find a destination. But you can set the valid distance manually.

That did it :D ... thanks a lot, the prototype now works perfectly:

TMxIN2q.jpg

What I'm trying to do is improve a bit this template:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3666912&postcount=1

.. by adding a few helos flying between the Gas & Oil Platforms.

However, listing every Platform as departure & destination is a bit tedious, so I would like to use a Moose zone for each Oil field that encompasses all the platforms within the zone. ... only there is the little detail that I dont know how to defin such a zone :( ... please, can you show a sample statement :)

Thanks a lot,

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

only there is the little detail that I dont know how to defin such a zone :( ... please, can you show a sample statement :)

Sure, it's very easy. You can define a normal trigger zone in the ME. Remember the name and put it like this

local zone=ZONE:New("My Trigger Zone")
uh1:SetDeparturesFromZone(zone)

You can also define polygon zones which are non-circular. Docs might be handy https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/Core.Zone.html

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

Sure, it's very easy. You can define a normal trigger zone in the ME.

Thanks a lot, its easier than I tought :)

You can also define polygon zones which are non-circular. Docs might be handy https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/Core.Zone.html

Nooo ... simple will do :D

RAT has turned out to be so useful for me, as I dont do much multiplayer and RAT forces you to be aware of other traffic around you and in A-A you cant now just shoot at will, have to ensure the contact is not friendly, as a consequence my missions are now much more immersive

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

as I dont do much multiplayer and RAT forces you to be aware of other traffic around you and in A-A you cant now just shoot at will, have to ensure the contact is not friendly, as a consequence my missions are now much more immersive

Yeah same here. That's exactly why I wrote this stuff in the first place :)

Sorry to keep bothering you here, I could send PM's but I believe that your answers and help benefit not only me, but also other people learning RAT 🙂

I'm using this option to turn off the ATC messages from RAT:

RAT:ATC_Messages("off")

But not only it doesnt work, but the RAT script fails with this log message:

2018-10-25 23:55:01.939 INFO    SCRIPTING:  10307(  9709)/E:            DATABASE00003._RegisterAirbases({[1]=Register Airbase:,[2]=Sid Oilfield Oil Rig 2,})
2018-10-25 23:55:01.940 INFO    SCRIPTING: *** MOOSE INCLUDE END *** 
2018-10-25 23:55:02.358 ERROR   DCS: Mission script error: : [string "D:\Temp\DCS.OpenBeta\/~mis0000729D"]:43937: attempt to call method 'F2' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'F2'
[string "D:\Temp\DCS.OpenBeta\/~mis0000729D"]:43937: in function 'ATC_Messages'
[string "D:\Temp\DCS.OpenBeta\/~mis00007DE1"]:1: in main chunk

In every other respect, the script is running beautifully, giving movement to an otherwise static Oil field, like this:

😄

Edited by Rudel_chw

Hey Rudel,

I believe the problem is that instead of RAT:ATC_Messages("off") in your script, it should be uh1:ATC_Messages("off") as that is the name of the entity that you are blocking the messages for.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe the problem is that instead of RAT:ATC_Messages("off") in your script, it should be uh1:ATC_Messages("off") as that is the name of the entity that you are blocking the messages for.

Thanks for the response, but the documentation says that it's a global setting:

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/Functional.Rat.html##(RAT).ATC_Messages

I tried "off" and 0 (zero) .. but coudnt make it work :(

Best regards,

Rudel, try this

uh1:ATC_Messages(false)

To explain: The function expects a boolean value (true or false) to switch it on or off. That's also what you find in the docs (Parameter #boolean switch Enable (true) or disable (false) messages from ATC.)

It will act globally and switch off the ATC messages for all RAT objects but has to be called from one specific RAT object. It's a bit confusing, I know ;)

Rudel, try this ...

Thanks a lot for all the help, will try it out tonight :)

Cheers!

Edit: Worked a treat! ... thanks a lot :D

Edited by Rudel_chw

Franky, can it be that shot down RAT-Planes doesn´t count as kills to my personal stats? Flew some sorties with RAT-Planes and shot them down, but in debriefing there was no kill...???

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Franky, can it be that shot down RAT-Planes doesn´t count as kills to my personal stats? Flew some sorties with RAT-Planes and shot them down, but in debriefing there was no kill...???

This is normal for any planes spawned via scripts. In other words if it is not placed in the ME it won’t count on the debrief.

This is normal for any planes spawned via scripts. In other words if it is not placed in the ME it won’t count on the debrief.

Aah, okay, thanks for info... ;-)

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Yet again, sorry if asked before (I can't seem to narrow down my forum search results).

Will others be able to download and use my missions if they don't have RAT installed?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Will others be able to download and use my missions if they don't have RAT installed?

Yes, the Moose.lua and your script will be included in the miz file.

Yes, the Moose.lua and your script will be included in the miz file.

Wow! That's great!

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I just can't get RAT to work :cry:

Followed all steps to install Moose, including the LDT program setup. Then tried to create a simple mission with the example from the opening post of this thread. But unfortunately no aircraft (Yak's) are spawning...

Maybe I messed up one of the installation steps, but probably I'm just too much of a lua noob for this :(. Unfortunately, having a 1y old daughter, my spare time is too scarce to learn this.

All I wanted was to make the Persian Gulf airfields a little more lively by adding civillian air traffic. Is there anyone here who did just that? And if so, would you please please be so kind and share your .miz file?

System specs:

Is there anyone here who did just that? And if so, would you please please be so kind and share your .miz file?

I have one I’ll happily share with you when I’m back at my computer in a few hours. You’ll need Cuvil Aircraft Mod v0.8

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...Is there anyone here who did just that? And if so, would you please please be so kind and share your .miz file?

Here you go :)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hKZxaiPZd22GjOA8Ig

Uncompress and copy the /Missions & /Mods folders to your /saved games/DCS folder. I've included both the mission and the Civil Aircrafts Mod. On the mission folder is the lua script that the mission uses.

Best regards

Here you go :)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hKZxaiPZd22GjOA8Ig

Uncompress and copy the /Missions & /Mods folders to your /saved games/DCS folder. I've included both the mission and the Civil Aircrafts Mod. On the mission folder is the lua script that the mission uses.

Best regards

Wow! Thanks a lot for the quick replies guys!

Is there any chance this civil aircraft mod is not available for Steam users? I placed the /Mods folder in my saved games/dcs folder, but upon loading the mission I get the message:

"Need modules for load mission: CivilAircraftMod"

System specs:

Maybe this helps:

C:\Users\blabla\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\Civil Aircraft Mod

So does this mod only work on DCS open beta then?

I copied the mod files here:

C:\Users\blabla\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\Civil Aircraft Mod

System specs:

Is there any chance this civil aircraft mod is not available for Steam users? I placed the /Mods folder in my saved games/dcs folder, but upon loading the mission I get the message:

"Need modules for load mission: CivilAircraftMod"

Sorry, I didnt realized that you were a Steam user .. I use the stand alone version of DCS, so dont really know if the Steam version handles Mods on a different way or not :(

Sorry, I didnt realized that you were a Steam user .. I use the stand alone version of DCS, so dont really know if the Steam version handles Mods on a different way or not :(

I got stuck on Steam since I purchased the F18/Persian Gulf bundle. I didn't know it wasn't compatible with the standalone anymore. Otherwise I'd never done that.

Can somebody tell me if mods also work for Steam users?

System specs: