So I took the F-5E plunge.

DaveRindner

I find that it is easy to land. Approach and threshhold KIAS of 145-150, flaps down(auto), pop chute and apply wheel break. Startup is a little different, becouse there is no APU. Must remember to raise strut for takeoff. I imagine that if A-4 Skyhawk is ever released for DCS, it would fly like F-5E. I am not sure that F-5E flight model is of PFM grade though.

Well a T-38 is basically a lengthened two seat F-5. It is a very forgiving , but high performing aircraft. Many tactical wings, and even down to tactical squadron, have T-38 assigned to them for pilot currency, basic checkouts, advanced navigation, and flight practice without racking up hours on the tactical airframe. So F-22, F-35, F-15E, B-1B, and B-2 units use T-38 for pilot training, and flight hours qualifications, without having to fly the actual airframe. The T-38s have advanced communications and navigation systems that emulate or simulate advanced systems on tactical aircraft. NASA also used T-38 for Space Shuttle programme. It is a popular chase plane.

• ED Team
I am not sure that F-5E flight model is of PFM grade though.

Key Features of the DCS: F-5E Tiger II:

Professional Flight Model that accurately mimics the performance and flight characteristics of this legendary fighter

BST would disagree, but if you have data to suggest different they will be happy to take a look

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

OK, it has PFM. Since BST and other users say so. My initial feeling becouse it was so easy to fly , right from start, even the landing. I am having trouble getting to spin. So at angels 10, slow down to 150 kias, idle throttle, drop to 135 , then full rudder. The aircraft should (or I think) stall and spin into rudder direction. Not really happens for me. The nose drops, KIAS increases and nose authority returns.

Well a T-38 is basically a lengthened two seat F-5.

Well, more like the F-5 is a shortened single seat T-38

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Cat Driver here!

I also bought the F-5 due to the low price and I was impressed. While I love the Mig-21 I ended up loving the Tiger more.

While only having to AIM-9s for air to air and guns of course I found myself dropping GBUs and doing Rocket runs. I think the A2G Capabilities exceed the MiG's but both planes have their charm.

The startup is fun however having ground compressed air, rather than internal APU, but it works.

OK, it has PFM. Since BST and other users say so. My initial feeling becouse it was so easy to fly , right from start, even the landing. I am having trouble getting to spin. So at angels 10, slow down to 150 kias, idle throttle, drop to 135 , then full rudder. The aircraft should (or I think) stall and spin into rudder direction. Not really happens for me. The nose drops, KIAS increases and nose authority returns.

I just got the F-5 last week and I can tell you it's definitely PFM. No doubt about it. Some planes can be much easier to fly than others but that's just how they are in real life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I like the module. I have no regrets, and I wish BELSIMTEK all the good luck and tidings. Hope to see more high integrity modules from them. That said, the most realistic, and in my opinion best, module for DCS, is A-10C. A-10C is the only module that allows user to experience AG combat in all weather and visibility conditions, with retention of precision weapon delivery.

I like the module. I have no regrets, and I wish BELSIMTEK all the good luck and tidings. Hope to see more high integrity modules from them. That said, the most realistic, and in my opinion best, module for DCS, is A-10C. A-10C is the only module that allows user to experience AG combat in all weather and visibility conditions, with retention of precision weapon delivery.

Not comparable to the F5 which is a day fighter and flew decades before, it's like comparing apples to potatoes.

That said, the most realistic, and in my opinion best, module for DCS, is A-10C. A-10C is the only module that allows user to experience AG combat in all weather and visibility conditions, with retention of precision weapon delivery.

The A-10C isn't necessarily more realistic than the others. It just has a different set of capabilities.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]