Rotary Switches and home cockpits

Trubshaw

I am trying to complete my key bindings for my pit for the M2000c

My problem is that for something like the PCN rotary. I don't seem to be able to have a clockwise/counter clock wise button export like the ones found on other modules. Therefore my only option seems to map each part of the PCN to a separate button. Something like 8 buttons when two would do.

Any ideas? Am I missing something? How do you guys do it without having to write lua script.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

I don't think you are missing anything. I have asked for rotaries a long time ago.

There are many other switches like the radar for which a clockwise/counterclockwise button would be great to have. But last time I looked (and its been a while admittedly) there were not even CW/CCW buttons for the radio frequencies which are really standard in most other modules.

Bottom line is that I can't use a good portion of my hardware in Mirage. That's why I fly her rarely. (I don't like to click with the mouse.)

I hope they include them in the Harrier and of course add them for the Mirage with time.

And BTW, no way you can add CW/CCW butttons via lua scripting even if you wanted to. That's unfortunately something the devs must implement much deeper under the hood.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Hey Thanks funkyfranky. Saves me looking further.

I am with you on the clickable cockpit. As good as it is to have to look down move your mouse find a 'sweet' spot click left and right is something I find difficult. However, a positive rocker to move rotary switches is easy and tactile.

I hope they put rotary code into both modules soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

I am with you on the clickable cockpit. As good as it is to have to look down move your mouse find a 'sweet' spot click left and right is something I find difficult. However, a positive rocker to move rotary switches is easy and tactile.

Don't even hope they( Razbam) deliberately desregard any of our remarcs, so i was left with a crippled plane the Mirage, although i paid full money to buy it.Although i have made panels for my cockpit, i simply don't fly this plane.

Don't even hope they( Razbam) deliberately desregard any of our remarcs, so i was left with a crippled plane the Mirage, although i paid full money to buy it.Although i have made panels for my cockpit, i simply don't fly this plane.

• Like 2

They said they will add more shortcuts. It was like half a year ago....

Right when they stopped updating Mirage and silently changed the status to "released".

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Well I hope that completing the key bindings and adding rotary switch support is on some future update list with the developers. I know that time spent on this coding will not generate any extra funds for them (and I understand that they, like us need regular income) but never the less I hope they complete it. The Mirage is a great module to have in your hanger and it is interesting to see how the French approach such an air craft.

In all fairness I guess completing the missing key bindings should come before adding rotary switch support.

Edited by Trubshaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

CW / CCW shortcuts should be standard in all modules. They are useful not only for cockpit builders. Even for those who use keyboard/hotas they are much more practical than having dozens of separate shortcuts for every knob position.

But yet, they are ignored in both razbam and heatblur modules.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Yes,guys

We can debate that as much as we want but it won't help.

Those programers in Razbam are ignoring the fact that bussiness wise it will hurt them in the future to release an unfinissed product and not to suport it continuosly.

I think the community should avoid to buy from them so they will react seriously.

Personally, I don't want to go down that road of negativity. I'm hoping that they will add these rotaries at some point.

Also, I will buy the Harrier for sure because it is an interesting module. If I then find that I can't use my hardware, I will think twice before buying another Razbam module. But that's just me because I don't have fun clicking buttons via the mouse.

As for Heatblur, they added some rotaries, which were not there at release of the Viggen. And I'm sure they will add the rest as well. For some reason I don't know, implementing the CW/CCW buttons seems to be more complicated.

• Like 1

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

• 1 month later...

Right when they stopped updating Mirage and silently changed the status to "released".

I've got locked out (banned) of Facebook DCS group after mentioning it :-)

Obviously the comment was removed too....

Edited by Skitter

• 1 month later...

Still no rotaries for radio frequencies and channel selectors!!! This is a shame! I was thinking to return to this module after a pause because of some bugs but it looks like it is just another prove that 3rd parties are not in the same league as ED/Belsimtek.

I was considering to buy the harrier just to test it and support but I will reconsider this for now..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, thought I was alone (keep writing that in regards to Mirage). yeah there are too many things missing/bugged to count as released. Key mapping is just one.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.