GBU-12 + JTAC NTTR

laumaya

It seems that it's impossible to hit a target with GBU-12 in NTTR map with the Mirage 2000.

My bombs always miss the target (about 5 meters). When I retry, all my GBU bombs miss the target and explode exactly at the same position. :cry:

Someone else have the same issue ?

:helpsmilie:

DCS version : DCS 2.1.1.9459.269

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

Did you try setting the CCRP diamond over/after the target ?

GBU loose energy faster than unguided bombs

i re-read your post, it rather looks a CA issues ( lasers pointing being offset )

Edited by Vilab

I did have it and it suddenly was fixed, NO idea why yet.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

I think that I have found the source of the problem. If I put the JTAC on the target flight path, my GBU hit the target :pilotfly:

So, it seem that the laser bombing precision depend on the relative position of JTAC with flight path. And the JTAC must be put on the attack side :book:.

What do you think about this ?

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

When it happened, it did regardless od flight path

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

I have created a new mission... And the bug is back :cry:

When it happened, it did regardless od flight path

It's true...

The mission and the track are attached.

Someone can help me.:helpsmilie:

Laser bomb.miz

bug laser.trk

JTACs in DCS lase the centerpoint of a target at 0ft AGL, done some tests, looks like your this JTAC in your mission is lasing the ground, if you put it next to the bunker, or even a few feet higher it will work correctly.

attachment.php?attachmentid=170519&stc=1&d=1507662142

Yes, the first one was a terrible drop ^^

Edited by Rex854Warrior
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you very much man. :)

It's ED bug :doh:

JTACs in DCS lase the centerpoint of a target at 0ft AGL, done some tests, looks like your this JTAC in your mission is lasing the ground, if you put it next to the bunker, or even a few feet higher it will work correctly.

Has I know, I can't do that, I only can designate a target to JTAC.

So I have to choose target at 0ft AGL.

Do you think that ED know this bug ?

Thanks a lot. :pilotfly:

Has I know, I can't do that, I only can designate a target to JTAC.

So I have to choose target at 0ft AGL.

Do you think that ED know this bug ?

Thanks a lot. :pilotfly:

No, the JTAC simply has to be a few feet over the targets altitude, lets say you have a 5 foot High bunker at 100ft MSL, the roof or the bunker will be at 5 feet AGL, 105ft MSL, if the JTAC is at 100ft MSL and there are no bumps (even a 1foot rise) in between him and the target then it'll work, because the JTAC will lase the centerpoint of the target at 0ft AGL or in our case 100ft MSL, but if there is, the laser will hit it and won't be on target.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, the JTAC simply has to be a few feet over the targets altitude, lets say you have a 5 foot High bunker at 100ft MSL, the roof or the bunker will be at 5 feet AGL, 105ft MSL, if the JTAC is at 100ft MSL and there are no bumps (even a 1foot rise) in between him and the target then it'll work, because the JTAC will lase the centerpoint of the target at 0ft AGL or in our case 100ft MSL, but if there is, the laser will hit it and won't be on target.

It's doesn't work... Or I do something wrong.

Laser bombing with JTAC is a nightmare. :huh:

:cry::cry:

bug laser2.trk

Laser bomb.miz

Tested it yesterday and works perfectly well, all bombs hit the target.

Just make sure that you try to bomb as you would in a normal CCRP mode, but that goes without saying I guess? I was dropping from 10 - 15 000 feet.

Have you tested with the mission of my post ?

Have you seen my track? What I am doing wrong ?

Thanks baltic.

:helpsmilie:

It's doesn't work... Or I do something wrong.

Laser bombing with JTAC is a nightmare. :huh:

:cry::cry:

I have done some more testing, it looks like it's the bunker that's the problem, the structure must dig in the ground and the JTAC lases the very bottom of the object (when i said 0ft AGL i thought the bunker didn't go underground), tried it with a BMP and it worked fine.

The screenshot below is where the JTAC lased even thought i had placed him further away on a hill.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have done some more testing, it looks like it's the bunker that's the problem, the structure must dig in the ground and the JTAC lases the very bottom of the object (when i said 0ft AGL i thought the bunker didn't go underground), tried it with a BMP and it worked fine.

The screenshot below is where the JTAC lased even thought i had placed him further away on a hill.

Tanks very much man (Merci beaucoup):pilotfly:

You are right to do laser bombing with JTAC I have to :

1. Put the JTAC at the same altitude as the target
  2. Use a target without underground structure

Like this, it's work well.

So it sound like a ED bug

I'm the only man who tried to destroy target with underground structure with GBU + JTAC.:joystick:

• 2 weeks later...