TOP GUN 2017 by TAW

Dutch Baron

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kapsu is in the finals!!! opponent....Stuuuge of course.

@Thurst: il fallait que tu t'inscrives mon ami...ce soir c'etait du 1v1...tu devais venir sur TS et attendre pour remplacer klk1 le cas échéant, tu ne peux pas joindre le serveur directement.

envoies moi un message privé si tu as des questions.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Congrats, Kapsu! Well done. S!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Hey there!!

Wow!!!!.... that was an AWESOME event with even more EPIC fights!

Congratulations to SF_Kapsu for winning this years' event and call himself:

TAW TOP GUN 2017 CHAMPION

Great fighting there Kapsu and also congratulations to Stuge for reaching second place.

After Stuge has dominated the 1 vs 1 battles for many years, there is now a new kid in town to watch out for!

You can find the 'PRIZE' ;) for SF_KAPSU on the first page and also the complete results of the 1 vs 1 event:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3261943&postcount=1

Next week we have the 2 vs 2 event.

I wish to thank all participants for showing up and I hope you had fun.

As always, we unfortunately had a few guys who did not show up, so I also like to thank the people who showed up as reserve to fill the blanks!

Many thanks to Flankerator from SA-SIM for arranging the brackets, thanks bro!

Great many thanks to all those volunteers of TAW who made this event happen, without you there is no TAW and no event, thanks a lot guys!

Special thanks to TAW_Dperk and TAW_SteelTiger for their GREAT contribution as commentators on our TWITCH channel, it was a blast listening to you all!!!

See you all later!

Dutch out.....

http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

Kapsu is in the finals!!! opponent....Stuuuge of course.

@Thurst: il fallait que tu t'inscrives mon ami...ce soir c'etait du 1v1...tu devais venir sur TS et attendre pour remplacer klk1 le cas échéant, tu ne peux pas joindre le serveur directement.

envoies moi un message privé si tu as des questions.

Flanky

J"y étais du début jusque ce que je sois kické mais pas grave je prends sur moi et à l'avenir je m’inscrirait plus tôt. je t'ai écrit sur TS en plus :smilewink:

Aller

A très bientôt

Awesome organisation, i'm rusty but you will see me next top-gun :thumbup:

Congratulations to the winner

Thrust

Edited by =THRUST=

Next Saturday is booked also did have some problems here at home, twitch didn't work from chromecast and computer was laggy Some problems here I guess now one else complaind. The 18 is at a friend that has good computer/network nolage

Skickat från min SM-J730F via Tapatalk

Great event, I enjoyed watching it. But I was surprised by "relaxed" rules. A few years ago I took part in similar tournament and we were not allowed to do anything before passing by. We had to keep roll/pitch/yaw angle zero...

In this event, some pilots started maneuvering (changing altitude, speed, heading, etc) long before passing by opponent. Some of players merged while in banked turn already, even have built serious lead angle before merging. It seemed to me some pilots gained some advantage this way. But ok, rules were the same for everyone...

Congrats Kapsu, great show.

Thanks TAW, fantastic organisation of the event, besides that the rules were interpreted a little bit different by everyone. But you guys managed to finish a tournament from the RO32 to the finals in short time, really impressive.

Thanks everyone who participated, especially my opponents for brining up intense fights. Good luck to the 2vs2 teams next week.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“The guy you don't see will kill you.”

- Robin Olds

Great event, I enjoyed watching it. But I was surprised by "relaxed" rules. A few years ago I took part in similar tournament and we were not allowed to do anything before passing by. We had to keep roll/pitch/yaw angle zero...

In this event, some pilots started maneuvering (changing altitude, speed, heading, etc) long before passing by opponent. Some of players merged while in banked turn already, even have built serious lead angle before merging. It seemed to me some pilots gained some advantage this way. But ok, rules were the same for everyone...

People are just too afraid of the Lead Turn :) https://i.gyazo.com/e375b5fb30051a192c66113c0dd6607e.png

Edited by Stuge

@Kapsu (the Champ!) Wow awesome video there, Kapsu!!! I enjoyed watching that and i'm sure many more will do too. Do you mind if we use that video for our compilation video as well?

And many thanks to all the great responses here, we enjoyed organizing this and look forward to next week for the 2 vs 2 event.

@microvax Thanks for canceling your entry, much appreciated and hopefully your joystick will be up and running again soon.

@rhinox Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed waching it too. Regarding the rules, it was allowed to do G-Warmup as long as the merge was within approximately 1000ft/300m of the players and close to the meant merge point (Bulls/WP1) and around the altitude of 5000m/16000ft.

http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

Congrats to the Winner :smilewink: Nice job Capsu! thumbup.gif

Regarding rules: There's a problem concerning clean start position as mentioned before or fair play rules. Guys are so nerved to get better position and prior merge they do all kinds of stuff in matter of better positioning. I find it very dangerous (and not allowed in RL) because my opponent did that, first time crossing my flight path 50m in front to me almost crashing at me (what he actually did second time). I mean, I could do the same propositioning but we would actually never merge as we should, constantly aiming at his left wing while he was all over the place. If I did the same who would told us that we are merged? F5 guy? That's not right way. What should be done is next: Modify mission in that way that booth planes fly on autopilot, straight and leveled, after near miss merge (detected by movable trigger zone of 50m) booth pilots would gain control of their machines. Match start. No wizard stuff of any king or so called G-warmups or any magic propositioning. That means if you play fair you get disadvantage. No good. Also I would like to see tournament in which everybody goes against everybody (that would last longer for sure) in egg. 3 circles, reducing number of players up to final match. That tournament would mean harder earned title of Top Gun of the Year giving the winner greater credibility. I think that everybody would like to try that :smartass:

Congrats to the Winner :smilewink: Nice job Capsu! thumbup.gif

Regarding rules: There's a problem concerning clean start position as mentioned before or fair play rules. Guys are so nerved to get better position and prior merge they do all kinds of stuff in matter of better positioning. I find it very dangerous (and not allowed in RL) because my opponent did that, first time crossing my flight path 50m in front to me almost crashing at me (what he actually did second time). I mean, I could do the same propositioning but we would actually never merge as we should, constantly aiming at his left wing while he was all over the place. If I did the same who would told us that we are merged? F5 guy? That's not right way. What should be done is next: Modify mission in that way that booth planes fly on autopilot, straight and leveled, after near miss merge (detected by movable trigger zone of 50m) booth pilots would gain control of their machines. Match start. No wizard stuff of any king or so called G-warmups or any magic propositioning. That means if you play fair you get disadvantage. No good. Also I would like to see tournament in which everybody goes against everybody (that would last longer for sure) in egg. 3 circles, reducing number of players up to final match. That tournament would mean harder earned title of Top Gun of the Year giving the winner greater credibility. I think that everybody would like to try that :smartass:

I still don't understand why pre-merge maneuvering has suddenly become such a boogeyman that needs to be removed. It's 100% fair (both pilots can do it and deny each other the chance to gain any advantage) and it's also part of basic fighter maneuvering training in air force syllabuses. How can this be so hard? If a high altitude merge is desired, it only needs merge altitude limit parameters (say 14000-16000 ft). This will leave room to do proper pre merge setup while having the fight at the desired altitude.

The current setup could be described as having two martial arts combatants with chained hands, approaching each other blindfolded, then starting the fight and the chains being released (and blindfolds taken off) with a bit of time separation (as judging the merge timing exactly to 1/10th of a second for a simultaneous turn start is quite impossible. And every 10th of a second really counts!

Again congratulations Kapsu for the victory, you adapted brilliantly to the surprise rule set that we got :) BRAVO and RESPECT!!!

Edited by Stuge